Wortenia Senki - Vol. 7 Ch. 31

Fed-Kun's army
@chojinra
either you are a child, english isnt your first language, or you didnt read my post properly.

i never said slavery was barely a thing. The closest thing to that in my statement was me saying that "LESS slavery is barely been a thing in our history." since its never really been gone.

recorded human history is something like 5,000 years
Civilization is older, it predates "records"
the human race as is, is about 200,000 years old.

For the entirety of recorded human history, slavery has existed, its not something that was just recently invented and its not a concept developed by one people and spread around. Slavery in its various forms has been apart of every tribe/people all over the world long before them interacting with other developing peoples. South American tribes had them, the native americans had them, pretty much every developing people had slaves. From this, we can concur that slavery was just a normal part of humanity. Given that it has been present all over the world from every different people, it can be inferred that it predates our recorded history. Thus, slavery is a natural progression of our species, Hell, even China has gone full slaver mode recently with their new slave camps, except with modern technology, they use up their slaves then butcher them to harvest their organs.

The plot is kinda heavy-handed here.

But yeah, major improvement in translation. Less typos, and now the text is readable.

Dex-chan lover
@Capt_Gigglepants

Are you really sure you want to call someone out on their English or maturity, Gigglepants?

Slavery was practiced for 100s of thousands of years in our history, still goes on today is some countries. We have literally only started to end slavery 150 years ago. And that was only in America, until other countries started to follow suit. so slavery has been less of a thing in our history for less than 0.001% of the entirety of our history. In truth no slavery in any fantasy story with pre-colonial degrees of tech would be by impart less believable... Given we dont have any other sentient races to base this off of, we can conclude that slavery is a natural progression of society.

How did you not check or edit what you wrote first? Why is "LESS slavery is barely been a thing in our history." in quotations if that's not what you originally wrote?

I guess what I'm really wondering, and from the first post too, is what does that have to do with what I wrote? Or what my point was? Are you trying to wow me with your knowledge of slavery? Do you assume again I'm only speaking about 'one people'? Are you you advocating slavery, or trying to get on a soap box about something?

Sure, slavery's been around a long time. Who was saying otherwise? You could even argue the American prison system is a form of indentured servitude, if one really wanted to get into that (spoiler alert: I do not). I do have to ask though, if slavery is a natural progression of our species, why are we (for the most part) moving away from it? When I hear 'progression', I think of moving beyond the mistakes and fallacies of the past, towards a more enlightened people.

Unless you're trying to say everyone should be more like the China you mentioned. Wait, was that the point you were making?? Regardless, I stand by my "yikes."

Dex-chan lover
after LHT dropped this, it's nice that someone else pick it up. Though it's somehow feel like nothing much move in the story.

Dex-chan lover
i mean thanks for picking it up but have your typesetters never read printed text before? the fuck is going on there

How can you think that's acceptable? or readable?

D O Y O U N O T K N O W W O R D S A N D S E N T E N C E S D O N T L O O K L I K E T H I S I S N T T H I S H A R D T O R E A D ? ? ?

In the WN because of what he did ( releasing slave & giving them better treatment) he got himself a highly loyal super soldiers...

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I can see why people are confused on why he has a lot of young slaves. They changed the wording a bit compared to the novel. Here, he wanted teens to middle age slaves but in the LN, it says he wants early teens to mid-teens. The wording has changed but the story didn't so it seems like he got dupe when in reality, this is what Ryouma wanted, well except them having more girls than boys.

Contributor
Thanks for the chapter, but it looks like it was typeset by a blind man. I mean, are you intentionally trolling us with typesetting? It looks like you must have worked hard to make it look this bad.

Dex-chan lover
@welcome2atlantis he's still got millions of gold from selling the belongings of the slave owner he killed to rescue the twins earlier on, or at least that's the source of income they list in the novel. plus there's a ton of strong monsters in his new territory that he can hunt and sell.

Group Leader
Thanks you for the releases. Since they’re a one time only affair, I’ll treat them as early christmas gifts. 😁And wish you guys good-luck with the job hunting!

Users who are viewing this thread