Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - A Place to Return to

Dex-chan lover
Well at least that side-story is out of the way. I prefer to see the mc go solo in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. I think this is the first time in a manga where I've actually been fooled by the "He is a she!" trope. Mainly cause it wasn't super obvious or even hinted at!

Ank

Double-page supporter
very hard to read. Its in english but you have to puzzle the meaning of each sentence. thx for the chapter nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
I saw the 1st pages translations and the name and yup barely understandable minimum viable product indeed.

I dont wanna kill this series for me with bad TL though, so i rather wait for a better one.

Dex-chan lover
I see most people aren't really happy with the translation and that I uploaded it, and I can only apologise . I obviously only have rudimentary Japanese, and this is the first time I ever did something like this. But since I had already done the translating for myself as an exercise, I thought it would be polite to share it - although I think that was maybe a mistake. In my defence, there is some pretty confusing stuff in the Japanese, like the fact that Yajin and Luis seemed to me to be talking about two separate places, but both are called "Baasu" or "Gura Baasu".
In case it's useful for anyone, my transcription in JWPce format is included in the link:
https://filebin.net/c3dipr9nlzb4ochx

Sorry for spoiling peoples fun with my bad translation (and use of comic sans lol), but I'll gladly take corrections on my Japanese readings, and look forward to the "official" translation.

Dex-chan lover
I see most people aren't really happy with the translation and that I uploaded it, and I can only apologise . I obviously only have rudimentary Japanese, and this is the first time I ever did something like this. But since I had already done the translating for myself as an exercise, I thought it would be polite to share it - although I think that was maybe a mistake. In my defence, there is some pretty confusing stuff in the Japanese, like the fact that Yajin and Luis seemed to me to be talking about two separate places, but both are called "Baasu" or "Gura Baasu".
In case it's useful for anyone, my transcription in JWPce format is included in the link:
https://filebin.net/c3dipr9nlzb4ochx

Sorry for spoiling peoples fun with my bad translation (and use of comic sans lol), but I'll gladly take corrections on my Japanese readings, and look forward to the "official" translation.
if you want to improve your japanese, you can join OMT and i can teach you :) (or answer any questions you might have)

Double-page supporter
Ok glad I came to the comments as I was a bit confused as well by his comment but this was a good end. I can't say I wasn't hoping for a longer journey of them traveling together since we got so much character development before. Also is no one else dying to see this man check his level??!! I know things got crazy at the end there

Dex-chan lover
In Indonesian translation, he said "I am a bit saved" and "take care" instead of "I could save you with white lie" and "I'm reprehensible", quite a difference. I guess the point is he use her to make him feel a bit better maybe?
I checked the raw and the indonesion version is right. The whole page in this version is pretty much made up.
He says
"thank you"
"I was (also) saved, just a bit" (he's expressing gratitute to her, probably because of her company and for getting to see a touching moment of humanity after months of being on the run and fending for his life)
"Take care"

How the hell did "take care" become "I'm reprehensible"?

Dex-chan lover
I checked the raw and the indonesion version is right. The whole page in this version is pretty much made up.
He says
"thank you"
"I was (also) saved, just a bit" (he's expressing gratitute to her, probably because of her company and for getting to see a touching moment of humanity after months of being on the run and fending for his life)
"Take care"

How the hell did "take care" become "I'm reprehensible"?

I had what was to me a pretty tough page, and I had to extract some kind meaning from the sparse text.

For the last line I had in error somehow transcribed 嫌気 "disgusted" instead of 元気 "take care", and 少しふぁけ is also something I didn't really understand, with Google Translate giving "a little fake", and no hits on my J dictionary, so I thought perhaps he was referring to the promise being a lie, and 少し made it a small one.

But there you go, I tried to make sense of what I had, and I failed. I put quite a few hours in to it, and as these things are I didn't have endless time. Plus it's hard to be one's own editor.

I've made corrections on the pages people have mentioned here, and I realise that's a sub optimal way of doing things, but no one will have to suffer another chapter from me, so please post any further corrections and I'll update this chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was great. I'm gonna wait another year and a half to then come back to this.

Dex-chan lover
Bath? Lmao. Why can't just translators read the previous chapters and use the already used terminologies instead of making up their own. It gets confusing.

Dex-chan lover
It's a woman. I should had realized it. for some reason it really catch me of guard.

Users who are viewing this thread