Yakedo Shoujo

fhq

This manga is a good example of style over substance. I don't understand the premise of this nor do i think there is one. You can't really have a psychological thriller if the MC doesn't follow normative psychological terms. She's just a psychopath, clinically insane. It'd be like writing a manga about the daily life of a sentient rock. We wouldn't understand it because we as the reader don't have the capacity to understand what it's like.

The author just puts a bunch of really edgy drawings and descriptions and its effectiveness hinges on how uncomfortable it makes the reader feel. And that's a good enough reason to keep reading it.

Double-page supporter
It’s heavy and dark. The 1st chapter gives a lot of spoilers and signs... I can’t spoil anything but. Killing animals doesn’t always mean signs of a serial killer but a sign of fulfillment

This is pretty bad.

It’s not “dark” or anything, it’s just really edgy, and making readers uncomfortable without making a point or contributing to a payoff get repetitive. Like what fhq wrote (but without any kind of appraisal), writing a psychopath that just uses random acts of violence and nothing else is exactly like watching a rock. It’s dull. How you manage to do that with this kind of chaotic character is beyond. I guess being bad at writing characters is a talent in and of itself.

I don’t understand on what planet this deserves more than a 4/10 rating. The art is mediocre and the story is just nonexistent.

I'm going to guess this got cancelled because to me, this isn't an ending. Rather it just stops mid story.

Aggregator gang
Bind and gag everyone, line them up Mexican cartel style and shoot everyone by firing squad with miniguns till they look like yesterday's taco ground beef. Only justifiable action to get rid of all the cray cray in this manga.

I can’t tell if this is leading to a cathartic/poignant conclusion. I’m not sure I want to know. However, the subject matter strikes too close to home to stop reading.

I've read all the chapters that were out and honestly, isn't this just creepy and edgy? It feels like there'll be no character development or conclusion of any kind, so you just have an insane character and another one who's just sticking with her out with no defined personality.

I can't see this going any way, neither going down a bad ending nor the protagonist saving her or something. I feel like it lacks depth ultimately and just wants to show characters which are all meant to be somewhat insane.

Very edgy, almost cringey. I'm not sure if it's trying to romanticize sucide. Whatever it is I don't care for it.

Users who are viewing this thread