Yakitate!! Japan

Dex-chan lover
It was very good at the beginning but slowly just devolved into an entertaining shitshow worth the read but the end is disappointing and they constantly disrespecting Kawachi like that for shame

The guy below is speaking the truth, they did my boy Kawachi dirty.

For real though, it's incredibly obvious the mangaka stopped taking this seriously at all after a certain point. It wasn't a terrible ride for what it's worth, but it could've been better.

A hotblooded battle shounen with every trope and cliche in the book... but about baking bread. It was always funny seeing them gasp and sweat at the latest revelation, as it just was about baking bread, usually with very little stakes involved. A previous commenter says that at some point the author gave up trying to be at least semiserious, but I saw it more as ever increasing power scaling ala Dragon Ball Z , except instead of powers getting even more ridiculously overpowered, the "reactions" to the delicious bread increases (Kawachi did get shit on big time during the last like 1/4th of the manga, tho, I agree.) Most of the flaws of this manga are classic battle shounen tropes, like afore mentioned power scaling, previous characters becoming obsolete battle commentators, the protagonist never losing, etc. Decent art, cute girls, and a silly plot make it a fun read regardless, albeit a bit stretched.

Users who are viewing this thread