Yakudatazu Skill ni Jinsei o Sosogikomi 25-nen, Imasara Saikyou no Boukentan Midori Kashi no Akira - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - The Expected Newbie

Mu not drawing Sora makes me wonder if she had some bad memories with women or her mother in the past. But, hey it's probably just some rivalry going on there.

@kkaces
True and fair

@Mojo
I have no beef with isekai in general, but it's only been 6 chapters, almost but not gonna make up a single volume, and already they add another character to root for (and we barely know anything about him).
Most likely they add Mumu just to create this sense of "wholesomeness", which make Mumu tends to be a forgettable character in arising conflicts.

Edit: Take One Piece for example, it took almost half an arc to know a new character is worth rooting for and having them opening up to main character. They become a character you care for.

Mu-chan however : just give food + direct contact from nee-chan, instant child get. You think Touru and Sora gonna need time to have him opening up and becoming a good kid after, who knows, maybe 5 to years without parenting, making him a rambunctious kid. But nope, instant good boyo, instant wholesome.

Double-page supporter
@APSINTHOS
Comparing this manga to One Piece is like comparing a trash fire to the wild fires currently destroying Australia. It's not just a matter of scale but the unendingness of the it all. Comparing the pacing of a barely one volume manga to a 95 volume manga... really? Also, I read One Piece in the 90's the pacing of the first few volumes where they introduced the main cast is not dissimilar to this manga.

Double-page supporter
Should I be concerned she didnt draw her.......... I mean noting looked out of the ordinary, they both brought her home and cleaned her.. So nothing to explain why she was left out.... Sora hasnt done anything wrong.

@maniakku I read it more as a surprise, somewhere along the line as of "you survive by eating cat food?". As pictured in chap 1, what mc fed the cats are rather similar to innards and bones.

It also connects better if the butcher gave the mc un-sold/un-sellable meat parts as freebies to feed stray cats.

Contributor
@velsy

It's pretty obvious isn't it?
Touhru = my awesome new daddy
Baa-chan = the kind granny who takes care of the house = not competition
Sora = that woman who's always hanging around daddy = competition for daddy's attention

Contributor
I'm fine if it's just interpersonal drama incoming, but if the kid's going to be presented as a would-be love-triangle loli or something like that, then I'm going to be real mad at the author.

I think this manga is more respectable than that but I'm really not sure.

Dex-chan lover
Awwww she introduced herself as his wife and he didn't deny that

Those guild rules are really idiotic...

"She is living on the street and might die any day from malnourishment? No problem. It doesn't matter to us.
You want to take her along to sense monsters? No way we can let you do that! It's bad for her growth."

Fed-Kun's army
The map kinda feels like Breath of the Wild, with the abyss being "Malice"

@Pokari I mean the childhood friend that he just revived is way younger compared to him, so another loli whos 9 shouldn't reall matter🤷‍♂️

Contributor
@FRASH_18:

There's a world of difference to me between, the former case, which to me is something like:

"There is an interesting moral dilemma here, because she'd be well in the creeper zone normally, but that wasn't true on the terms that they met, and in which their prior relationship was predicated on in good faith—are there enough extenuating circumstances that they should just have the right to decide whether they're going to do about all that, for themselves? Telling them they must become more distant to each other than they would have otherwise, because of these ordeals, might seem cruel. Or are still we not sold on their potential relationship regardless, because of the fundamental concerns remaining the same (e.g. on the basis that—as is the primary concern with too-young partners—she may not be mature enough to consent to a relationship)?"

...and the latter, which would be more like:

"Yay, pedophilia ho!"

...Now, obviously, if one comes down hard on the "their relationship is immoral" side of the former, then this hypothetical new relationship would, indeed, be just be more-of-the-same-but-worse. I would respect that opinion: There is a good argument for it, as previously mentioned.

Though I don't think I would personally be reading this if *I* felt strictly that way about their existing budding relationship.

Of course, I may yet just end up terribly disappointed with this series. I haven't even read the newest couple chapters yet. And adaptations in particular often lose (or soften) some of their red flags and warning signs from the original works, if the adapting artist cleans things up a bit in tone.

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc
Yeah its like a kid getting jealous of a new step parent taking attention away from their parent lol. Its almost cute in a way, maybe I'm old though but I've seen it so many times I just think it's cute hahah

And now, of course, there's a little girl whose their new companion. Great. Why can't they ever add a boy companion in isekai manga like this one?

Users who are viewing this thread