Yakuza Reincarnation - Vol. 12 Ch. 46 - Goddess Invocation

Ah I think I get it now.

At the time the Goddess took part of the earth in her hands and made it into the Moon, in order to protect the people from the demons at night.
Then to keep the blessing active the people had to periodically reinforce it, in this case by reenacting the act.

It's a common mythology point that the reflection of the Moon in a still body of water is a gateway to it, or more like that the reflection is the Moon itself.

So what we needed for the reenacting is the Moon, the Goddess and the Power to do it.

The Moon they get from the reflection.
The Goddess is the Dancer Shrine Maiden.
The Power comes from the Faith of the People

But it still wasn't enough, because initially the Goddess was doing it in order to protect the people. And Yomi was doing out of a sense of responsibility.
Sure she didn't want the world to end, but she wasn't dancing out of love/protect something she loved.

But then at the end when Ryuu defended her, it finally clicked.

It wasn't about form, appearance, theatrical. It was raw, it was clunky, she was wounded. The music was her father's blood, spit and tears. But none of that mattered, because to her it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

That was when she was finally the incarnation of the Goddess.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter, but I still think this was originally intended to be the plot of Space Jam 3.

Users who are viewing this thread