Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru - Ch. 98 - Why did you stop?

Dex-chan lover
It irritates me to no end when people try to dictate someone else's relationships like this. I don't care if you ship fictional characters but REAL people should be left out of it because they have REAL feelings. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I can get why their high school friends want that „high school couple“ to work out but it‘s really not the place and time to talk about that. It was just rude.

And then wtf is this creep following Akanecchi for… that‘s gonna force a „Takaya saved Akane and it‘s roooo romantic/ heroic situation“. And we‘re really not here for that lol

Dex-chan lover
Takaya is going to meet Yamada maybe. This arc is to show Yamada jealous and threatenes. It'll also end with Takaya feeling less guilty about the accident in high school when he rescues Akane from this creep.

Dex-chan lover
It irritates me to no end when people try to dictate someone else's relationships like this. I don't care if you ship fictional characters but REAL people should be left out of it because they have REAL feelings. Thanks for listening to me TED talk.
As someone who got friends like this and was the one that got shipped (worse, shipped with other boys when I am not gay), that part REALLY got me. God it was a cringefest and quite frankly, disgusting

Dex-chan lover
It irritates me to no end when people try to dictate someone else's relationships like this. I don't care if you ship fictional characters but REAL people should be left out of it because they have REAL feelings. Thanks for listening to me TED talk.

The shallow reasoning bothers me more than the attempt to dictate relationships.

"he liked her for a really long time."

So what? Is he "owed" her as a girlfriend/prospective wife just because he sat on his hands and didn't act for years? he had his chance and for whatever reasons he chose to do nothing. She obviously didn't feel the same if she didn't pine for him in the same way and she's now in a relationship that makes her happy. As I said last time, take the L and move on. The weird sort of deservedness talk is super cringey.

You don't "deserve" shit. Talk about deserving a girlfriend because a guy's nice and has pined over someone for a long time is desperate, disconnected from reality, and emotionally immature. It sort of comes across like abdicating responsibility for one's failure to launch.

and yes, I say this while recognizing that he never actually engaged in the conversation himself and it was all their friends. It's still cringey when it's done second-hand.

Dex-chan lover
It irritates me to no end when people try to dictate someone else's relationships like this. I don't care if you ship fictional characters but REAL people should be left out of it because they have REAL feelings.
I read it as standard gossip, which isn't trying to dictate others. In this case, it stems from being his friend and wanting him the best. It doesn't seem like actual shipping, which is worse.

On an intrusive level, it's less than, say, what Akane did to Yamada when she first met him, so I'm not going to judge them for it.

Doesn't mean I like it, though.

"owed" "deserve"
I didn't read it like that at all. It's not what they said, and not what I think they implied either. They have at least three different opinions among them as well.

Last edited:
I only want one thing for Akane, that is for her to be on guard with other guys. She's way too vulnerable because she's too friendly with other guys. The author seems to like putting Akane to dangerous situations like this over and over again.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, this author normally doesn't try to go to hard on the sexual violence, I'll just hope the guy turned around suddenly because he went the wrong way down the street or something. Akane jumps the gun and maybe breaks her phone. BF comes to make sure she's okay. BF vs Takaya encounter. Crossing my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread