Yamada to Kase-san. - Ch. 8 - Ginger ale and Kase-san

Dex-chan lover
Hahahaha the other girls thinking "so her name is Tomoka... huh" omg Kase san power is STRONG!!!
Thank you very much I was dying to read this chapter.

They made it up! they talked thoroughly too T-T I'm so happy... and that foreshadowing, can't help but think of something... you know... that.

Group Leader
i dont know, is the last 2 chapter coming from author or magz editor idea, this manga supposedly fluff only manga & yet them put unnecessary drama...
annoyed

Fed-Kun's army
some good faces in this chapter, like always
4babc9a6a5.png

Dex-chan lover
I saw the previous chapter (7) as drama, with that drama resolved quite nicely when Kase-san appeared; the audience had seen Yamada obliviously walking into a situation for which she was grossly ill-prepared, and then saw Kase-san come to her rescue. There was no cliff-hanger; at the end of the chapter, we knew that Yamada were safe. This chapter (8) was essentially just Yamada and Kase-san talking-out the situation, each seeing and acknowledging what she had failed to see. And, because of their love and their honesty, they emerged still better adjusted as a couple.

I was, frankly, a little surprised that Kase-san didn't have a better grasp of the situation at the outset of this chapter; but, though certainly less child-like than Yamada, Kase-san is still young.

Group Leader
@Geany ofc it is, i dont see any plot like this in OG kasesan.

bocchi kaibutsu is clear for have drama by the monster girl having tragic past in first 5 chap

Group Leader
u0sOmgi.png

LOOK AT THIS COMPLETELY SASSY KID.
well this chapter was amazing. i don't know if it was this chapter especially, but i feel the artwork was so so so good this chapter!! EVERY drawing was really well-drawn. and kase-san did like the best thing ever coming to the thing and just getting the hell out of it in five pages. what a genius.

Dex-chan lover
... or not. Altough she does lighten up and it ended up being a nice romantic evening.
Hana really is cute.

Dex-chan lover
I lOVe TOMOKA-CHAN~!!!!
these love birds make me feel so lonely mang ;_; they're so cute aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dex-chan lover
...this drama and the resolution felt weird. Yeah, going to a mixer seems like a "not cool" kind of move if you're in a relationship, but denying the other person completely out of jealousy and possesiveness in the way kase did in this chapters, plus the way she goes about doing it, just feel wrong. Like there's a part that just doesn't feel like something someone in a healthy relationship would do.
But what do I know, it's not like I've been in a romantic relationship with someone.

Dex-chan lover
kase is annoying me, she's always acted super possessively even though she herself went out and met her "senpai" without any consideration also stop acting like a total dick when any guy tries to talk to yamada, just because they are guys you will deny yamada ability to make friends or have fun with half of the population?

THESE INSECTS! I WON'T FORGIVE THEM!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AND THIS, YUI-CHAN, THIS IS MY FIRST FORM!

Being a jealous possessive asshole is never romantic. Yamada told Kase exactly what she was doing and where she was going. Unless there is something lost in translation, there was no real reason why Kase should have acted like that. Except that she was being possessive.

These last two chapters left me feeling very negative towards Kase. Her actions are coming off more than a little controlling and possessive of Yamada. From how she said that Yamada really didn't care about her feelings when Yamada said she wanted to do stuff with Hana to how she kept talking over her at the party and then physically started dragging her around, it all comes off really bad. Of course it's brushed off as being 'cute' and 'romantic' but it's really not.

i feel like they need to learn how to communicate better to avoid this drama. like kase needs to fix her possessive tendencies bro

To be fair, while you are right that Kase-san can be a little controlling and overprotective, Yamada has shown on multiple occasions that she can be clueless about some situations she puts herself in. Mixers are places where people tend to hook up or form relationships, and I could see Yamada not understanding what she was actually agreeing to. Additionally, she got mad at Kase for going off on trips without her, and hung up before Kase had a chance to explain. All in all it seems like it could have all been caused by miscommunication and allowed them to learn to communicate better

Users who are viewing this thread