Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 14 - Anjou-san and Seto-kun

@happily_grim Seeing as you don't like being called a mongoloid, maybe you'd prefer it if I just called you a $$$$$$$ haha ???

Mod Edit: Yeah, no. Blatant violation of 5.1 even though you had to have seen me warn two other users. Enjoy your 3 day ban.

Group Leader
@boag And that matters why?
@Zephyrus You wanna take care of the poster above me?

And no this is not an alt account. Why the hell would I have an alt account. I run a scanlation group.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Solzhenhasbeen
Yeah, no. Blatant violation of 5.1 even though you had to have seen me warn two other users. Enjoy your 3 day ban.

@MasterPannya

I couldn't have said it better.

Though I do feel Seto's silly answer makes sense characterwise given he is still just an awkward teenage boy that is getting shit from other awkward teenage boys. Anjo's response on the other hand seems to show an interesting level of maturity. She attacked the idiotic over simplification instead of defending the current condition of her "cup".

Growing up in a religious environment I was told a similar bull shit girl's purity analogy when I was a kid that went something like "would you rather chew on a fresh piece of bubblegum or piece of bubblegum that had already been chewed up?" So I know there is a common Western version of this analogy that's been floating around forever.

Double-page supporter
@Happily_Grim
Yea, the more you talk to him, the more obvious it becomes. I clued in a little earlier, but you being an optimist makes it harder to see the bad in others.

@Kagenashi
Thanks boo. Appreciate it.

Aggregator gang
Goddamn guys theres should be a limit on how serious we take a rom-com manga of all things. @Happily_Grim for being a voice of reason and @Yautja for being a good sport eh?

Anyway going back to the discussion in this chap, I really want to know whats problem @Yautja have we Seto comment is as ya really didnt specify whats wrong with it? Not to pick a fight or anything just genuienly curious, I myself cant find anything wrong with it, the analogy is stupid but he personally didnt really support it and use it to get his ideas accross and right after that he said he would go with whichever he prefer the most which to is pretty reasonable

Dex-chan lover
and that's where the ecchi teasing tweeter's strip becomes a good manga ?

Dex-chan lover
Perma-ban every mofo with more than 3 comments in this thread. You'll see toxicity in this whole website will lower by 50% I tell ya.

Double-page supporter
@BoatyMcBoatFace
Dude, if you can't see how ridiculously stupid that comment is intrinsically there is no way I could explain it to you. I'll try but it should be exceedingly obvious.

Well first of all,
A) I'd use the fuckin' cup I like more / fits my needs or desires because I can wash cups
B) No, every cup isn't fucking special; there are billions of duplicate cups or cups that have all but no value.
C) Calling every cup special in response to being asked which cup you'd use, a dirty or clean one makes no fuckin' because it's completely unrelated and doesn't answer the question

Saying "everyone is special" is a generic, cliche platitude. People being "special", which is just a word used to make people feel better about themselves, isn't a valid justification to annul their faults. Not that Anjo has any of the faults those moron side characters claimed, but saying she's "special" or "everyone is special" is really just a way to avoid being honest or actually thinking. He was simply too stupid to actually dismantle their ridiculously childish and poorly thought out analogy. There's a reason Syndrome from the Incredibles is a meme. If everyone is special, no one is. Not to mention, 'everyone being special' doesn't answer the stupid question of "which would you pick, a girl who has had a lot of sex or one who hasn't", which is exactly what @That-Guy did by recounting a story about his friend.

Aggregator gang
@Yautja
Hey man glad to see you try
And I see, well I dont have a problem with it because I dont see its a "everyone is special" like you, to me Seto use the dumb anology just to point out that "both" cup has its good points and like I said he did say right after that he would use the cup he like more. If he said "every cups" the I prob would have problems with like you but in this case hes clearly just addressing in these two cases to point out that each cup has it good points used or not used so I seeing its as he comparing between a girl that is "pure" and a girl that has been through several relationships before and each girl has her good points and he would go with whoever he like more.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the 4 page comments. They were like 50% of my enjoyment on reading mangas

Aggregator gang
Really? That's why Anjou took an interest in Seto? Helping out with homework and a cup metaphor?

I have to say that's pretty weak. I mean there seemed to be nothing else aout Seto that attracted Anjou to him, she even thought his diligent nature made him a "pain in the ass" and that his spaztic nature made him "wierd".

Don't get me wrong standing up for Anjou when classmates were calling her a slut is noble of Seto and all, I just don't think that should be enough to win a girl over. Have her want to be friends with him, sure. It's just that helping her out occasionally and doing the bare minimum of being polite? It doesn't feel like that should be enough to have a woman fall for a guy.

I mean, compared to other rom-com manga like Ore Monogatari!! and Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, there was more to the initial attraction than "the guy/girl is really nice".

In Ore Monogatari!!, Takeo activley saved Yamato from a groper and defended her honor on a grander scale compared to Seto using a half-assed cup metaphor.

In Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, Nagatoro was attracted to how much dedication and effort Senpai puts into his art and that seperated him from other guys that Nagatoro's friends tried to set her up with.

We haven't seen Anjou interact with other guys without Seto being around (outside of her rejecting the one guy who just wanted to sleep with Anjou) so we don't really know if Seto is actually the first guy to not care as to if Anjou is promiscuous or even what really makes him stand out from other guys other than he's the male lead and he's not some horndog. That's not enough to separate Seto from other guys.

Hey this story is still enjoyable and the leads have fun moments together, so I'll still read this manga, I'm just saying the initial set-up for the romance is relatively lack luster in my opinion.

Used goods.

And I was just starting to enjoy this manga.

Welp, easy 1/10 and dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread