Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Anjou-san's Training

Dex-chan lover
@aFFi it's probably simply her way of flirting. It seems to be effective, but she has to be cautious not taking the teasing too far.

@aFFi : It's subtle, but Anjou has some heavily repressed self-esteem issues (hinted during the mirror scene in the flashback chapter).

In fact, what makes those two really interesting is that they're the opposite sides of the same coin. Seto has an inferiority complex and constantly tells himself that he's not worthy. Meanwhile, Anjou has more of a superiority complex (for lack of a better term) and overcompensate with an aggressive look and behaviour.

It's like she testing him to see how much she can tease him before he snaps and jumps her... but she clearly doesn't like lustful men.
It's flattering to her. She needs the validation and attention Seto provides when he get flustered by her antics. She already hinted that she thinks that it's "cool and manly" of him that he doesn't actually jump her (even though it's obvious he isn't indifferent).
Seto makes her feel safe. She can feel sexy and desirable without actually having to go any further. She can "be herself" with him, even though this "self" of her is a teasing and flirty attitude she uses to hide her own insecurities.

She's constantly insulting his appearance... but keeps helping and reassuring him in his efforts to better himself... and she's always praising him in some other way.
She's insecure. She doesn't want to admit that she's in love (see flashback chapter, again). She doesn't want to convey her love directly to Seto, probably out of fear of being rejected (because Seto WOULD reject her, since he feels unworthy). That's why she teases him like that and makes it seems like she's joking around.

She's working hard to stay physically close to him, always touching, always being sexy, always exiting, but she doesn't seems sexually attracted to him, like she's doing all that just for the tease.
And she seems to be running into him an awful lot... like a stalker would.
That's the big thing. Anjou actually needs Seto much more than he needs her. Just like Seto, she's flawed and needs to grow as a person. But while Seto acknowledge it and is already working on changing himself, Anjou is repressing her issues (check the mirror scene, once again).

I really hope the author is going to explore more of her psyche. She's a really interesting character. Like another author would have said : "One doesn't become a gal without reasons".

A woman wanting you to chase her is a;ways the best motivation.

@Yoshi
I wouldn't go so far as calling it stalking, but just she's keeping an eye out for him and or being in areas he might show up in in hope of running into him (ya, I know that still sounds stalker-ish, but love makes us do weird things)
But otherwise, Yep, that's pretty mush what I'm getting from she so far.

Dex-chan lover
PLEASE, MY PEE PEE JUST CANT GET ANY HARDER THAN A DIAMOND.

JUST FUUUUUUUUCK ALREADY

@Yoshi shhhhh we don’t need your accurate psychoanalysis... goddammit well... what do you say about nagatoro and takagi?

Group Leader
@Yoshi
hinted during the mirror scene in the flashback chapter
You're talking about this, right?
x8.png
If so, the raw version is:
私って魅力ないのか?
or in Romaji: Watashi tte miryoku nainoka?
Which would directly translate to something like:
I am charms not feeble, aren't they?
or, in non-broken english: I am attractive, am I not?
She's more doubting his preference than her attractiveness, I think.

I concur with you on the fact that she's attracted to him because he clearly desires her, but he will not let his lust control him.
I don't think she's ignoring her feelings. More like she's oblivious to them. Or she would like to her friend about it in this page:
x11.png
But I think something might have happened to her in the past. Maybe some drama (could be heavy like rape, or slightly lighter like sexual harassment or a Chikan... Or even something like she thought she was in a romantic relationship but her boyfriend was in it solely for the sex).
She won't change her appearance or behaviour, mostly because she emulates her mother that she admires, but will probably avoid the company of sex obsessed men.

Dex-chan lover
@Rand564 Seto said he only wanted to fuck the woman he loves and has been with for a while.

@aFFi what kind of real woman wants a man who can't control his libido and lust?

Dex-chan lover
"When he came to his senses he was no longer tired" what's happening here, did he enter 賢者モード?

Users who are viewing this thread