Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 5 Ch. 57 - Toyoda-san Wants to Enter the Contest

Dex-chan lover
I mean, at least they don't whine about being snipped. It still is hilarious when stuff like this happens.

Dex-chan lover
I wish snipers could focus on series that could actually use updating instead of going after something after just a few weeks. There's so much that hasn't been translated in a year or more. I'd much rather see some of them get any kind of update as opposed to releasing an inferior version of something that's already being translated.

Dex-chan lover
@Meowzilla it wasn't bieng translated though, the only reason you see updates from facepalm is because the series they "work" on is getting sniped.
I would love to see series like Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi getting more frequent updates but the fact is the sniper of this series might not know or care about that manga.
The fact that facepalm updated as frequently as they have recently is because they are getting sniped.

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag With the quality Facepalm puts out, and considering how fast they upload after getting "sniped", there's no way they aren't constantly working on it.

Dex-chan lover
@Meowzilla
I understand what you mean, but what's happening here "makes sense". It's something that a lot of people are already reading, and know that there are more untranslated chapters. This isn't another "group" exploiting an opportunity for views, it's just a group effort from random people.

@Meowzilla
When it comes to /a/nonymous releases, it's just a bunch of random fans of the series coming together to do a release because they're tired of waiting. Series that are dead, like Kami no Shizuku, could certainly use releases but the fanbase is just too thin on the ground to do something about it. This is why Iruma got sniped as well after the anime started.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh hey Facepalm glad to see you put out a chapter after getting dabbed on...again. We know you'll catch up only to "get swamped with work, IRL stuff, or receive scanning delays" later though.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter. I appreciate the better quality.
For the 'sniper's cry boys', Facepalm releasing soon after the /a/nonymous, can be seen as a message to the fans that the group still is working on the series. So to those who prefer their translation can wait in relief for their releases.

Dex-chan lover
@daishishi @Skiepher "wait in relief" "they do this for free" lmao I can tell yall aren't up to gist in here. We've all been through this for 6 months on Reddit and on MangaDex. They're serial liars and they're the ones who started this sniping fiasco in the first place. As an added bonus, they're also one of the progenitors of the big MangaDex drama back then that has made a lot of groups leave this site. They absolutely won't and will never update it until it gets sniped. They're basically holding the raws hostage.

Double-page supporter
Personally, I’d rather have translations that aren’t as good, but consistent, then wait a whole month just for Facepalm to come out of the woodwork once someone else translates it. I just hope we get caught up to the raws eventually.

@Meowzilla And this isn't just a few weeks, chapter 66 has been available for four months now.
Some of us just lost patience with the slow pace and want to keep reading the story.
Some of those figured they may as well release a translation for those that can't or won't read the raws.
I really wish the digital editions were higher resolution though, some text is pretty much impossible to read.

@Meowzilla it's funny you say that cause facepalm started working on this series by doing the very thing you say. They not only sniped the series but put out a credit page mocking the other group and calling them slow and led to a lot of scanlations being removed from this site as scanlators pulled out.

I don't care who works on it. Personally the more the merrier in my view. It gives me a better way to compare different people's interpretation of certain phrases. That said, as some pointed out when this series was first sniped, facepalm doesn't exactly have the best track record on completing any series and went on a 4 year hiatus so I'd rather have "snipers" push groups to scanlate rather than gamble that they will release.

Power Uploader
First of all, thanks for quality of translation, second, hope you guys keep on with this series. Third, is there any reason why 12 pages takes like 3 weeks to be done? Genuinely intrested if there is any obsticles?

Dex-chan lover
@redlar
"Kami no Shizuku"? Do tou mean, "Tthe Drops of God"?
This one will never be translated again by scans, and it shouldn't. There's an official release in english. Even if you it's released in your country you could import? I myself have some volumes. Better to use the time and effort on something else.

Everytime.
They'll release 3 chapters and fuck off until someone snipes them again.
There is no real point in calling them out either because the whole reason they do this is for attention and drama. So we are just giving them what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread