Yancha Gal no Anjou-san

Aggregator gang
@dharkness: Not really. He's the diligent and serious type. Just because someone is shy and meek doesn't make them "bitch-made." He's dedicated to his studies but at the same time doesn't want to be a burden on others which is why he tries so hard. That's not "bitch-made" that's "damn respectable."

Damn, this series is good. Firefighter-san in chapter 10 is super cute too, so too bad she's a side character. Also, why was Seto called "senpai" in the first few chapters even though they're in the same class?

Dex-chan lover
Link to the raws, friends. Currently up to chapter 42.

http://isekairaw.com/manga/yancha-gal-no-anjou-san-raw/

@TwilightFaze Generally a male that exhibits behaviors not normally associated with strong men such as nagging, whining, pleading, begging, blaming others for his failures or lackings, or not assertively standing his ground and letting others punk him out.

Aggregator gang
@dharkness: You're mistaking "strength" for "machismo" in this case; an outdated concept for the insecure male (Also generally speaking. Not referring this to you in ANY way!). A lot of guys think being tough is being strong, but that's just them showing off their pride. Being macho no longer equates to being manly. It only equates to being a prick. Being a strong man means knowing what you want, standing for your beliefs (passively or assertively. So long as you don't give up), caring for others over yourself, and being reliable.

Seto is all of that. That's why Anjo is pulled to him: Despite his "weak" traits, which is why she teases him, he doesn't apologize for who he is and still keeps going forward for the sake of others, not just himself. He may now know what his future holds (At that age, who does? I know I didn't.), but he will. Seto is strong. Just has a little growing up to do. But hey: He's still a kid. :)

Ok this has got to be the most ResidentSleeper gyaru manga I've ever read on this site. I'm just gonna wait for this series to finish rather than follow all the filler chapters.

Group Leader
Their relationship really drags on way to slow. At this rate I dont think they will ever end up together.

Lol, I like how on the last page they try to recruit someone for their translation group, showing a before/after pic of what the person needs to do. I didn't even manage to find a difference.Either I fail at spotting details, hard, or the quality standards are way too high here.

@Endlave I'd say the standards are just way too high. I've noticed that with their wish to translate around 4K resolution raws and imho that's really dumb.

Side-note explanation why I think that:
The main issue I see with 4K resolution is performance and data cost - there are surely people with limited internet (especially mobile data) and reading every page of a chapter will cost them A LOT because every page is 5MB, 14 pages is 120MB. That's only a minor problem.
However, the reason I want them to not be so stuck-up on their quality standards is performance. I have a pretty decent computer and a really fast internet, but it's just so painful sometimes to read because scrolling to next page takes 10 seconds and I like to go back in pages which takes up even more time to load.
I genuinely don't see a difference between 3Kx4K resolution pages and smth like Vol.2 Ch.22 which has 853x1200 pages. They're the same in quality yet they take much faster to load and they're much easier to look at.

All they have to do is compress it a little one way or another to retain the quality :/

Maybe it's just me but, there is something that feels more real about the MC and FMC. It got me thinking about psychology and sociology. I was thinking about people I knew and how they confronted the world. Anything that can do that while also making me not give up on the gyaru FMC is quite impressive. You might say she's just a run of the mill gyaru but what sticks out to me is
how she talks about her love and respect for her mother in one chapter. That means she's not just rebelling against her parents. She is most likely rebelling against the society that never gave her mother a break and demands that she not give her mother the respect that she feels like she deserves (for her work and character. Obviously the confucian ideal demands parental respect.)
All that while making a quite, dedicated bookworm like myself imagine how it would have been to have someone playfully force you to engage the world and have a life. Almost makes me wish I had been less dedicated. ;-P

Dex-chan lover
Anjou san series makes fuwa fuwa in my stomach.
At this point i think almost everyone knows Anjou and Seto likes each other except Seto.

I'd feel a lot better about this relationship if Seto did literally anything for Anjou. The most he did is defend her once from some dudes that she probably wouldn't have cared about anyways. At this point, Anjou could stop being his friend and the only person who would suffer is Seto. She isn't changing thanks to their relationship, Seto doesn't offer anything of value to their relationship besides being someone to blush, and we're 36 chapters in. Seto being unable to bounce off of Anjou in any meaningful way is just boring at this point. Cute stuff is only cute for so long.

Aggregator gang
@Ryallen: I dunno, I think this is better. Seto is different from the guys she usually hangs out with. He's considerate and kind and doesn't judge her for her interests or hobbies; supportive of that, even. Little things like that are typically enough if the chemistry between two people is just right. And that's the point of manga like these: You don't need to go that extra mile. Sometimes just being there is all you need.

@TwilightFaze: He doesn't need to be like other guys, but he needs to at least act like he isn't just around Anjou because he doesn't have the balls to tell her to go away. Anyone can "be there for someone", that's the basis for literally any run of the mill MC in a series with even the smallest bit of romance. Seto meets so many of the basic standards set by romance MCs that he ends up not really making an impact. Anjou doesn't have anything to bounce off of conversation-wise, other than Seto getting really flustered. What if Anjou really doesn't have a crush on Seto? What if she just likes to tease him? What happens if/when she gets bored and leaves, or goes to tease someone else? She'd be just as happy teasing someone like him somewhere else, but Seto wouldn't, he'd be miserable. At best he'd be slightly more outgoing after their friendship ends. Maybe he'd be a little better for their time together, but Anjou isn't. Neither of them have changed in any way from the very first chapter. The mark of a good romance is that, even if two characters don't end up together, their time spent together makes them better people. That way we want to root for them to stay together, because they make each other better. Here, that's not the case. Here, I couldn't care less if Anjou leaves Seto, Seto's been nothing but a weak-willed child who gets flustered at stuff that's been done to him a hundred times by now.

Aggregator gang
@Ryallen: I hear where you're coming from, man, but there's something else that's a factor that I forgot to mention: It's a School Life manga. Meaning it's a school-themed Slice-of-Life manga. Generally, stories like this don't really offer much in the ways of character growth or story progression. It just sticks the two main characters in a scenario and we see how they react. In this way, every chapter is essentially "Chapter 1 or 2" of the series: Enough where we know something happened, but not so where if someone picked up the manga in the middle they would feel left out. It's frustrating for a lot of people and all for very good reasons (yours is a prime example), but in the end progress and filler are swapped where the filler is the plot and the progress is the filler until the mangaka can come up with more scenarios.

Honestly, I hope your what-if turns out to be the true course of the manga. It would be a bittersweet ending, but it can still potentially be a happy one.

Users who are viewing this thread