Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 3 - The Painful Observations of the Mind Reading Magical Girl...

Dex-chan lover
Did the mangaka look inside my head when I wasn't looking? This manga gets more relatable with each chapter.

This chapter sure hit close to home, guess I'll just go cry myself into sleep or something, hopefully today I finally die in my sleep :nyoron:

Power Uploader
"How is she able to avoid collapsing?", basically this:
simpsons-germs.gif

Dex-chan lover
Dang, i feel like erasing your own memories (versus her erasing her own thoughts to where she got to that state), would not be good for her bc she'd prolly come across other depressed ppl unless she only reads 'surface thoughts' and only finds the really heavy stuff if she focuses on one person
Having the power to erased memories is op
i feel like even if you wanna erase one 'bad day' itd still be good to write something down like notes so you can read it in a clinical way in case you come across other consequences like erasing an argument with your friend unless your mascot helper tells you what happened and then you can be able to 'make up'/apologize without being emotional about it even if you felt like they were in the wrong in the moment

I'd imagine she'd use it the most to erase ppl remembering her being a magical girl or attacked by monsters. I mean, if this was a diff thriller series, her power could be used to erase some important 'secret' info from like politicians and such but that's a whole 'nother story lol

Dang, i feel like erasing your own memories (versus her erasing her own thoughts to where she got to that state), would not be good for her bc she'd prolly come across other depressed ppl unless she only reads 'surface thoughts' and only finds the really heavy stuff if she focuses on one person
This reminds me of what the uncle does in Isekai Ojisan. Whenever some bad, traumatic shit happens he erases his memory of that moment but writes it down in a notebook before doing so. I wonder if there are consequences for her recalling erased memories like there are for ojisan

Dex-chan lover
That she erased her own memory after what she saw is both amusing and very depressing.
I wouldn’t be surprised she has darker memories she erased. Like seeing family die, judging by how this story goes. Or maybe menhera-magical girl had the dad die and then got memory erased, and we start the story in media res to make this more interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Three chapters, three magical girls, not one speck of positivity between them. Being a magical girl in this world suuuuuucks.

What's worse, the mind-reading girl has no actual experience - or even an interest - in using her mind-reading powers for counseling. (Get her to a hospital? She won't go to a hospital. Even if she could be forced to be in one, the moment she actually opens up about the magical girl thing she'd never be allowed to leave. Either because they declare her insane, or because the asshole magical girl organization ends her whole existence. That's if she doesn't do it herself.) The fact she was paid in enemy intel suggests two things: she has to use her ability to fight monsters like everybody else, and two, magical girls generally only help each other with the expectation of a quid pro quo. Which means the system is rigged to actively discourage cooperation in favor of cut-throat competition.

So I'd like to revise my earlier statement. Being a magical girl in this world super super suuuuuucks.

Dex-chan lover
That she erased her own memory after what she saw is both amusing and very depressing.
I think that's just what she does every time she looks too much into someone's hearth and the reason she doesn't care about anyone else is just that doing so would be unbearable for her.

Dex-chan lover
Is it not normal to have all those self conflicting and contradicting thoughts? Always questioning why I think or do things. The motivations I have behind them. Is it not normal?

Dex-chan lover
Is it not normal to have all those self conflicting and contradicting thoughts? Always questioning why I think or do things. The motivations I have behind them. Is it not normal?
self doubting and overthinking is one thing, but it's the fact that she's probably constantly thinking to where she's overwhelmed and physically paralyzed to move on with her life /executive dis function, tho i'm sure the mom isn't helping much either, but i'm sure if she was the type to physically force her out/drag her to school it'd prolly make things worse with her potentially hurting herself, if not just a panic attack

Double-page supporter
Some things apply to me, some others don't. Just like every other thing. But this is pretty good tho

Users who are viewing this thread