Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - Bouquet

A random person is about to end their life
-someone is trying to jump into the river!
-c-c-can i stop him, as an arts major!?
Another random person calls out to the first one
-someone he knows showed up
- thank goodness
. . .
is kinda funny in a sad way when you had seen people react that way irl, relatable at best
In an unrelated note, reading this chapter made me remember the song Weezer-Pink Triangle, dunno why, after reading again while listening to it in the background was amusing, it kinda fits you know
ALSO, Hanao doesnt get much screen time, but he gives the vibes of a wise man. Hanao best friend ever for the win!

Dex-chan lover
Whelp, that took a turn.
Like, we already knew it wasn't ALL sugar and floof, cause it was tackling quite a few things about her blindness, but... Feels like there's a surprising decrease in sugar to MAKE IT about the issues, now. Unrelated issues, at that.
Not that there's anything wrong with it, per sé, just...not quite what we were promised? Maybe?

I mean, at this point, if you're going to tackle homosexuality (which, again, is fine), why not make him go for Yukiko AND the sis, as I said some chapters ago. Or Yukiko and Hachiko.
Throuples ARE a thing. Polyamory IS a thing. Give them all a happy ending.

Double-page supporter
Damn some cringe ass homophobia in these comments, how embarrassing.

I liked this chapter, it handled the matter respectfully. Unlike what some others have said, I think it makes the bromance stronger. The fact that Shishio's feelings won't be reciprocated but Morio understands them and their friendship remains intact is peak wholesome.

Last edited:
You know, I think this might be one of the first times I’ve seen a manga where one of the main characters has a friend or hanger on who’s super obviously gay for them and they’ve actually come out and said they’re gay. Every other series, I feel like they do everything but put it into words, so this is actually sorta refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread