Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 3 Ch. 52 - Motive

Dex-chan lover
If he didn't throw that soup at her I might have been more forgiven but the fuck dude

Dex-chan lover
Notice how this just displaces the issue: We're supposed to feel sympathy for the guy who was mean to her because everyone was mean to him. But the ones who were mean to him didn't look like they were being victimized; some were kind of normal-majority types and one was an authority figure. So the story rehabilitates the immediate villain to avoid facing the idea that there are people who are just nasty . . . by coming up with other people who are just nasty.

Fed-Kun's army
Suddenly giving me some dude's life story after he throws a hot liquid on someone doesn't make me feel bad for him.

Dex-chan lover
Why in the hell we should sympathize with him? This is so weak reasoning even without him assaulting her, but we should feel something after he assaulted her? No fucking way. Shit, didnt expect such lame story plot in here.

Aggregator gang
I'm not gonna bother to read the comments, I already got an idea from the previous chapters.
I just wanna say... that's twisted.

@Hollow7F It made me cry because it hit a nerve. Then I come to the comment section and see everyone completely writing him off without understanding, which hit another nerve. Idk, I probably shouldn't have commented since I'm having a hard time lately and - like I said - this chapter just hit a nerve.

ETA: Also I wasn't entirely clear in my comments: A lot of the comments were saying he's simply mentally ill. But he's been abused his entire life. Has this led to mental instability? Probably. But I would think that anyone suffering from a mental illness/abuse would be more sympathetic to how it screws with your brain.

Double-page supporter
Definitely seems to be autistic, based on not socializing well etc. etc and that's why he decided to harm her to get her to look at him but he kinda is a criminal, he went too far.
If he gets together with her I think I'm gonna riot though

Dex-chan lover
No, no sympathy here. May his reasons be what they are but knowingly hurting someone for this is too much. Guy can rot in jail

I didn't ask for this scumbags back story like thats going to change what I think of this filthy scum of the earth

Users who are viewing this thread