Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru - Vol. 3 Ch. 54 - Sky ②

Dex-chan lover
I was really wondering how the author was gonna make us feel bad for that guy, like Harassing a blind personne because you got bullied in school Is p insane. But after seeing him regret his action and stuff I guess I did feel bad for him? Anyway i think the author played it well

fuck off that crazy dude, i feel nothing for him and he should've suffered even more.

Dex-chan lover
Well, probably good they followed through. That said, seems unlikely to me that the police would do anything useful rather than being a bunch more of that sadistic boss and convincing him he was a chump to think about being better.

Dex-chan lover
Setting aside the circumstances, I really like Shishio's words at page 9-11, heck most of what he said in this chapter are great. It established how well he grew as a person. And hearing those words from someone older than you, who obviously has more life experience than you, can really hit a special place in your heart.

>manga almost entirely about people’s circumstances and how they struggle with them, hoping for change for the better
>readers get mad about a chapter about a dude who spent his life being physically and mentally abused realizing he was perpetuating an abuse cycle and now wants to escape it

Jesus Christ why is the mangadex community so fucking stupid?

wew the poor guy also have his issues i see

being bullied all his life make his view distorted

i really do hope that he will properly atone and become a recurring character

also sky and earth rings nice

>MangaDex comments section wants the autistic character to get eviscerated for not knowing what's normal because of the actions of the people around him.
>Casually forgets Shishio, a somewhat mentally stable person, once hurt MMC as a child by cutting his left eye, leaving a permanent scar that could've made him blind on that part.

Bruh.

Fed-Kun's army
Interesting... I don't really like how this character was built-up and then just... well. This hasn't been the greatest arc in this manga, but I'm not disgusted by it to the point of not reading anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone in this thread needs to read @magustg1 and @SimplyBartz 's comments for clarity.

And Mangadex (like any other online reader) has children and teenagers in it. Thinking back to when I was 18/19, can't say I was any less of a hypocrite at times. You learn to think things through as you grow, and as it turns out a manga community isn't one of those places where you grow. Not often, at least.

EDIT:
Also, reading with the assumption that an author is providing a backstory explicitly to draw sympathy is, in my opinion (and it is just a point of view, nothing more) a bit narrow-minded. I also think that looking for a redeemable excuse in this kind of manga was a shortsighted mindset considering the more realistic theme.

And it's also funny how people overuse the word "cliche" and "generic" with their "it's been done" attitude yet their ability as a reader tends to fall into a pattern just as often. I apologize if I'm attacking anyone but it's gotten rather repetitive seeing people complain from manga to manga about writers' ability while also having zero sophistication as a reader. That's a bit of a double standard if you ask me.

@SimplyBartz
>No evidence character was autistic, is just an asshole with a rushed arc that makes no sense
>Shishio the character with an arc that makes sense and is interesting
>autistic guy in comments trying to defend bad plot

Dex-chan lover
So he said that nobody ever looked at him, and yet he himself never look at anyone who did look at him...

Is this what hypocrite is?
English isn't my first language.

I don't understand people in comment section bitching about soup boy, I mean yea the arc feels rushed but at least it didn't end with him going the jail and badabing badabam problem solved. The author did well in delivering a more powerful message by having soup boy seek atonement rather than"bad man is bad so he gets punished"

Users who are viewing this thread