Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru

I had given it a 9, reduced 1 point as the art is kinda meh, but I change it to a 10 bcs who the hell cares?

Dex-chan lover
This should truly gain more of a mainstream popularity. I mean, this is so good? I've already made a comment on how good this was here back when there were still a few chapters, but as it progressed it just kept on getting better. It's a manga that's really insightful and reflective. It's a manga that helps you learn more about humans, their troubles, and their emotions. It's very straightforward, yes, but I think it's one of its charms. Really excellent.

I mean sure, a dramatic take would probably be a lot better if executed well, but a lighthearted take's really wonderful too. We don't get much of those, something light and fluffy that can execute serious topics well.

This manga has a light start with a not often seen topic, quite nice to get you to read it and invest if even a little to the characters

Then it gets reflective and kind of deep, without loosing the light atmosphere that hook you at the beginning

I give it a 10/10 as it delivers perfectly everywere it has to.
Edit: typo

Chapter one is not missing, it was done by a group called SSSSS. Which you most likely have blocked (same thing happened to me, I completely forgot).
We're working on our own version of chapter 1 which will be released soon-ish.

Double-page supporter
forgot, about that, They are the only group I blocked and it doesn't cause much issue so slipped my mind.

Double-page supporter
I thought this would just be a random love story with a girl with bad eyesight...

But it's treating so many more issues...
Social anxiety, the struggle of coming from a poor background, LGBT issues, even the various type of struggle that come with problematic eyesight which aren't always the same depending of the person...

This is the last thing I expected from a random manga like this but I love it...

Love this manga, made me more conscious of those with disabilities. I think this is an excellent example of raising awareness in a accessible way, thank you scanlators for letting us experience it too!

Users who are viewing this thread