Yankee wa Isekai de Seirei ni Aisaremasu. - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Don't F*ck With Me!!

Double-page supporter
What a loser, this Zero guy. I guess his name represents what a big fucking waste of screen time he is, huh? Just kill the bloke you cunt, you'll have to do it in the end anyways so might as well do it now.

Dex-chan lover
@TWAIN This is a good Christian minecraft server. Frankly, they should have said "fudge," or even "f*dge," for good measure since everyone knows where the fudge leads to.

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx
totally called it in a previous chapter CALLED IT HAH!
You apparently need to review your remarks and my response.

As I said “The SLA is malevolent”
; the struggle between Zero and the SLA has become overtly violent, whereas you wanted to wave-away the idea that there were a war here.

Now, you'll actually have called something if
That hasn't happened, and it isn't going to happen. Whatever he learns by visiting the last two Great Spirits is going to be something that he could have learned much more quickly by some other means. We are likely to see comments from multiple readers grumbling about just that.

And he obviously could previously have been told that the stones were chibis in a dormant state who could be revived but were sometimes killed; this information became no more plausible in this encounter than it was when he was dealing with the previous Great Spirit, and Zero almost certainly would have accepted the claim from the first Great Spirit. It was just crap story-telling to delay the conveyance of that important information.

Dex-chan lover
oh, hey, people keep breaking this stone thingy even though it's what supports the world
can we like, tell them not to? put a decent reward for collecting those thing to make them less likely to destroy it on sight?

nah, let's subjugate the masses
they're stupid anyway, they can't be saved

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx
ur just jelly that i was right mate
There's not much reason for me to be jealous. So far, to the extent that you could be shown to be right or wrong, you've been shown to be wrong, missy.
you'll see
What I've seen is that, when you're shown to be flat wrong, sometimes you'll do a victory dance. I suppose that when Zero finally learns whatever the Great Spirits haven't been telling him, and it's clearly something that he could and should have been told earlier, you might do another victory dance. I'm not sure what strange comfort you draw from that, but okay.

@Oeconomist

I think what @banjomarx is referring to is their comment from chapter 23 which said: "or what if it turns out that theyre actually trying to save the spirits from being overused by the impudent human mages who are killing spirits... maybe theyre the GOOD guys dun dun DUN! i have no idea tho".

Perhaps the "called it" refers to the "having no idea" after thinking the SLA might be the "GOOD guys" (which would be the closest to true), but probably refers to the part about "trying to save the spirits from being overused", even though it is really "trying to use to overuse of the spirits to take control of all magic in the world and thus rule over the world, enslaving the spirits, and thus showing they don't actually care about the spirits, but only about themselves, while using the spirits as an excuse".

Dex-chan lover
@throwaway4ccount

@banjomarx, using her regular account, had the opportunity to offer the argument that you're now offering. But it's not a good argument. No one calls something by merely noting a set of possibilities. (For example, I wouldn't have called anything by declaring last November “Maybe Buttigieg will drop-out, but I have no idea.”)

@Oeconomist

I was pointing out that, even if that quote was what was referred to in the "called it" post, that the quote hadn't really called anything. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. I was trying to especially point out the part about the SLA being "GOOD guys" because I think this chapter clearly shows that they are "BAD guys" instead, and was making a sarcastic quip that the "I have no idea" part of the quote was the most accurate part of it, rather than any possibilities suggested, even if part of the statement gets close to something this SLA guy is suggesting.

Dex-chan lover
@throwaway4ccount

Fair enough. Irony can get lost in pure text, and maybe if I were more familiar with your writing I would have read that comment very differently.

Dex-chan lover
@Oeconomist
Actually i work a full time job so im generally unable to do much reading during the week so i didnt have a chance to respond (also since when am i a she? xD)

@throwaway4ccount
Everyone is a hero in their own eyes (well almost everyone) my point still stands that the reason she didnt tell him was because she genuinely thought that they were the good guys which is how she self justifies what she said... so from her perspective (which is what the argument was about, her self justification) i am still correct. in the broader scope i agree that theyre assholes though

Dex-chan lover
@banjomarx

And you still haven't responded. So, go ahead, and dig that hole deeper. You've called nothing correctly so far, and you won't have called anything correctly later.

@banjomarx

Your point doesn't stand, though, because in neither chapter did she say they were good guys. The closest she got was saying that he should decide who was a good guy or bad guy from direct interaction, instead of just what others say. That doesn't mean they are "good" though. What she did say was that the SLA being at her place was troubling. She seemed to want him to hear what the one guy had to say, so that he would know more of their aims, and decide whether to join them, to join the opposing faction, or to start his own faction. She seems to be encouraging him to do something to stop the SLA from winning in this chapter, even.

None of this, though, needed to be avoided beforehand. She told him the SLA were there, and making a barrier, so if the knowledge of the presence of the SLA would have kept him from going, or made his companions try to stop him, then she already revealed that. The thing that I've wondered for a while now is if, because he "reincarnated" here, if that means he himself counts as a spirit (since he could enter a barrier that "lets spirits in, but keeps humans out" and if he is similar to the "Great Spirits" since they can be seen by other people, and he can't use magic himself). Since she said to remember the specific statement that the barrier only lets humans in, and because he might not accept the idea of being a spirit yet, that could be an explanation. He might count as both spirit and human, but they've been talking about him learning about who he is this whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread