Yankee wa Isekai de Seirei ni Aisaremasu.

Aggregator gang
Well, humor is subjective, but this is pretty funny to me. And there's an actual story! And it's not the typical hero/demon king one! The MC isn't generic high schooler #537 or generic company worker #478. It currently has a rating of 7 stars which is about right. So many of these isekai are ridiculously overrated.

Fed-Kun's army
Imagine being hooked on isekai’s and digging thru countless copy pasted cliched bootlegged stories (shivers)

Trash. For reasons stated below, I would say you could enjoy something that doesn't try to be unique more than this because the characters are so unbelievably garbage.

Aggregator gang
I don't care what anyone says, this is one of my favorite manga on the site. The spirits are cute as hell, the MC is a jackass without actually BEING a jackass, and the cast (while cliche, but it's cliche because it works) keeps things interesting.

Look at me I'm a real elite manga expert and people should not like what I think is garbage. I'm the standard that everyone else should be and if you like what I don't like then your taste is garbage cause I I I I me me me me and more Is

Aggregator gang
So only on chap 8... But isn't dude forming contracts pointless since the whole no magic thing

This is an amazing series. The characters are enjoyable and the spirits are adorable. The storyline is....kinda mysterious personally, but the newest chapter really got me rehooked!

I'm at ch9, what's the whole point of being a yankee if you can't even hit back? All what I can see was a coward and spineless mc. So childish.

Group Leader
As said below this series is "adorable".
But that's about it, it lacks any kind of drive, the main story is quite poorly written and there's no real drive towards the main objective at any time, this kind of look like a draft manga where the author plays with his ideas but there's not much more to it.
It's not bad, but it's not good either imo. It's average but I have to give in to something... the chibis are really damn cute.

edit: I've just read a bit more below some of other people's thoughts, bear in my mind this is my opinion, you are free to love this series and I understand it, but to me it doesn't reach my standards and tastes, that's it.

Aggregator gang
@Shyning
The plot is slowly revealed, especially compared to most isekai. I think chapter 12 is where the first real info is given, when the black stone shows up. And yeah, if the pacing of the plot is too slow for your liking that's fine.

Aggregator gang
@Shyning
Fair enough. For me, "drive towards the main objective" is intimately connected to the pacing.

Group Leader
@dtim no, I really meant a "drive", a main purpose, striving for something and working towards it, having a purpose.
He's really just strolling around and things end up working for him, it's not my kick. The pacing itself is alright, things aren't going too fast or too slow, it progresses but the way it does is boring me.

Aggregator gang
@Shyning That's what I was talking about. The MC starts off without a drive or objectives and doesn't develop one until the plot starts getting revealed. He does develop one but it's very slow due to pacing. Also there are comedic interruptions during his journey. But his drive is very clear once it is formed.

Aggregator gang
@Coldminus: (One month later LOL) It's not that he DOESN'T hit back nor that he CAN'T. People just keep stopping him. Besides, being a yankee isn't about the violence and short temper but it's more being a rogue and defiant to society. He's foul-mouthed and rude, even to royalty, and doesn't hold back on smacking the princesses (albeit comically) when they act the fool. He has no decorum and he's considered dishonorable and (like most yankees) are automatically judged for being evil because he LOOKS evil.

Zero is a yankee, he's just not the evil yankee some manga portray.

Double-page supporter
wow this manga does not have typical isekai story and has some twist

Users who are viewing this thread