Yasei no Last Boss ga Arawareta! - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - The Trump Card

Fed-Kun's army
Dina is clearly some sort of avatar of the goddess, but it’s never gonna be revealed since it just keeps on being teased

Dina is probably some sort of piece of the goddess that got it's own sentience. In the end when they defeat the goddess she's probably going to absorb the other piece and become the last enemy boss. Just a theory

sigh. these scenes are so much better in the novels. The manga is steadily deteriorating in quality and not doing the book justice.
Aries arrival to punch Leon happens when the others are in a real pinch, not as soon as Leon shows up.

The fishhead's hatred of pretty boys (ikemen) is much funnier and better communicated than whats shown here too.

As for the Robot, Sei, Molester sequence its funnier in the original japanese because Sei uses the word 'chikan', which Virgo doesnt understand. The only ones who understand the meaning are Suzuki and Sei. and the part about "Over here! I'm the molester!" and how Sei is so embarassed to say that is also glossed over.

Also there are some translation errors (well, it IS LHT, so no surprise there):
Page 13: it's not "If there are rude people appearing before Virgo, you are to attack those people without killing them!"

It is: "If ever an insolent fool tries to lay a hand on Virgo, then beat him to an inch of his life!"

(on a separate note, I never understood why Sei didn't just say that Sarges (spider guy) is the chikan)

Page 16, the name should be "Derby" not "Dabi". The name is based on the horse racing derby.

Page 20: it's not "I don't know how you're still able to spout such words".
It should be: "You sure can spout such sweet words" or "Such sweet words of flattery come gushing out of you so smoothly..." (it means Aries is doubting what Diina is saying and doesn't trust her)

@mimisan thank you for the info!

As for Diina, I think she is either a fragment of the goddes that gained it's own ego, or a different "goddes" altogether, perhaps the original one, but got pushed out by the current one.

Can you spoil me a bit, and tell if I am anywhere near the truth?

Also, is the world (and it's simmilarity to the game) explained in the LN?

Dex-chan lover
> Handsome guys should just die.... Hahahahahaahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

> Sagitarious Character design was so cool.
Please Lufasu, please upgrade his bow to .50 calibre sniper...

WN spoilers:

Dina is the avatar of the goddess, I'm pretty sure Parthenos more-or-less says that outright earlier. Avatars are beings created by certain powerful beings to act at their agent but they have/develop their own egos so they're more like children than anything else. In the case of Dina, it's kind of like Jesus's relationship to God. As for who's side she's on...

Lufasu's. She picks Dina up when Dina starts gaining her ego and has a crisis of faith. There's a bit more to it of course.

@mimisan I think I'm going to have to agree with you for this chapter. This was such a disappointing chapter compared to the novel. 😞

@Guiorgy Yeah, it gets explained later in the series (at least in the novel). Though by this point of the novel, it was already hinted here and there, it just wasn't explicitly explained yet. I have a feeling the explanation is going to feel kind of out of place when it happens since a lot of smaller details are missing in the manga. 😓

Dex-chan lover
That is... an interesting power. Anyways, guess source material always wins in having more context/world-building.

Users who are viewing this thread