Yasei no Last Boss ga Arawareta! - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - The Trump Card

@Guiorgy
Okayy these are pretty big time spoilers that you're asking for so if you click it don't say I didn't warn you!

Diina is the avatar of the goddess. The nature of avatars will be explained in more detail later, but basically the goddess takes a fragment of her soul and implants it into a child while still in the mother's womb, replacing what was originally there. The child once born has a full copy of the memories and personality of the goddess and behaves exactly as the goddess would. In fact they believe themselves to be THE goddess, not a copy that functions as her agent in the world. The avatar can also be directly taken over by the goddess like how we control our game avatars. (in fact thats exactly what the avatar is.

Diina is the avatar of the goddess who developed her own ego - ie: she realised that she is not infact the goddess but just a copy. Since her experiences have differed from the goddess, gradually her personality and values begin to depart from the original. She meets Ruphas who opens her eyes to the problems of the world. Diina is secretly the 13th member of the 12 heavenly stars that no one is aware of except for Pollux. Her role is as a double agent to fool the goddess and spoil her plans from the shadows together with Ruphas.

As for the nature of the world and why it is so similar to the game Ruphas (MC) is aware of. This is the fundamental plot twist of the story. BE WARNED. BE ABSOLUTELY sure you want to be spoiled on this before clicking:
You absolutely sure? Okay here we go. There's a lot to cover, so I will summarise.
The game is copy of this world. The whole thing was a plan by Diina and Ruphas to defeat the goddess. There are a lot of things not yet explained so I will just gloss over it. The fundamental points are correct, but im purposely leaving out some bits:
1. Ruphas IS the MC. This is a reverse gender bender. Its not a male character suddenly transported to the game world and taking over the body of the female game character. The Ruphas of this world is real, and her memories that MC sees are his own when she(he) was living. She was born in this world and experienced everything they've shown in the flashbacks.

2. When Ruphas was defeated, Dinna sealed Ruphas' memories and sent her soul to our world, earth. That soul latched onto a compatible foetus, which happened to be male, and hence our MC was born and grew up as a regular japanese heterosexual male.

3. Fast forward 20 years or so, and Ruphas is a college( ithink) kid, feeling kinda out of place in the world, and a fan of manga and fantasy tropes etc. Also is kinda a NEET. He comes across the game Exgate Online and instantly becomes addicted to it, recreating the character Ruphas Maphal as faithfully as his soul's hidden memories can recall.

Now how did Exgate online the game come about? Well there's our main plot twist. Best girl Diina came to Earth at some point and created the Exgate tabletop game and books, which took off, and she started a company which became rather profitable. Later once technology had advanced sufficiently, she created the Exgate Online MMO game. The MMO tried to copy the real exgate world as faithfully as it could down to the mechanics, lore, etc.

MC was attracted to the game because his soul is from the world the game is based on hence instinctively attracted to it. Why did Diina create the game? Well that'll be revealing basically the entire story. its a lot of stuff to write and explain, but basically it is to find Ruphas, bring her back to her world, restore her memories and give her new perspective and means to defeat the goddess.

WHEW! Huge spoilers. hope you're satisfied

Supporter
@JaffaOrange @TpstT @mimisan
Arigato gozaimashita!

For the world, I just wanted to know IF it was going to be explained properly. But I don't have great expectations for the manga explanation to be satisfactory, so I'll bookmark this page, and be back when the time comes ;)

Dex-chan lover
@mimisan Wow that's more interesting than I expected, and it mostly makes sense! Thanks for the spoiler explanation, I was kind of worried that in the end the explanations for all this stuff would be dull or half-assed

@Guiorgy The WN kinda explains it but it more or less boils down to, this is what the Goddess wanted.

Because the Goddess is an uninspired hack that can only plagiarise/copy tropes from the "real" world

Double-page supporter
@mimisan down the rabbit hole we go, shieeet, I had no idea that the plot goes so deep and is so detailed. Love it <3

And this is how you make story in a manga and explain world mechanics, factions and history in general to attract reader. So much material you can basically create chapters almost indefinitely and there will be still something to add. Not Star Martial God Technique where storyline was basically butchered after beginning school arc because author was too lazy to continue his job and now one people are crying river about another people saying, that SMGT ending is rushed shit. Because after beginning author had no idea what to do next, had no plan for story, so he just was writing, faster and faster, because he didn't create any anchors in his story to introduce some new plot. And now it just... is. Waiting to finally end because it's more of a drag.

Is there an anime for this one? It would be great, i really like the story and all the characters

@mimisan damn, I've been really enjoying the LNs so far, but just as J-Novel prepubs with my membership and not actually buying them yet cause I've got a big damn list of stuff I want to buy and only so much money, so it was down the queue somewhat. Your spoilered comments bumped it up the queue, so thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Dex-chan lover
Based on the raws of the next chapter,
They all fight together, but they still struggle.
But at this exact time is when Lufasu awakens to lvl 3000, because of this, all the the 12 stars excluding Libra, Virgo, and (obviously) Leon power up to lvl 1000.
Then Aries divebombs into Leon and defeats him.

@mimisan
Im confused
If Dina was the13th star, why did she fight against Lufasu when she came back?
The timeline confuses me.
So Dina is born as the goddess avatar, but what happens next? Does she develop her own ego first or does she somehow become the 13th star first?

@baerrow I too hope there will be an anime for this and I hope it will be well done with really great VAs for the characters. Yasei no Last Boss is probably my favourite LN ever. I can't decide between this and TenSura for the no 1 spot on my fav list.

This is the first WN i read I ended reading in the original japanese from start to finish. When I first picked this up there were only like 5 chapters of the manga translated so i started reading the WN which also had only like 8-10 chapters translated at the time. I felt it was so good i couldnt wait for the translation and proceeded to read the next 190 chapters on syosetu instead ahaha

@Raydnt you mean the whole summoning a meteor thing when Ruphas realised Diina = Venus?
At that time Diina needs to throw Ruphas of the trail somewhat and also its to help awaken Ruphas' powers by fighting a strong-ish opponent
Diina was born as the goddess' avatar and spent many years of her life as a good little puppet of the goddess. She just upped and left her parents one day without even bothering to tell them anything because she didn't see them as her parents (since she is the goddess), but years later she returned to the village she was born in to find that her mother had died and her father is very ill. In fact most of her village was dying, as the goddess had sicc'ed Scorpius on her village for no apparent reason. Here is where she begins to realise that she is not infact the goddess as she can't rationalise why this needs to happen and also she realises that she does in fact love her parents (which the goddess obviously would not).

Ruphas shows up and subdues Scorpius, and eventually opens Diina's eyes to the cruelty of the world, after which Diina secretly becomes loyal to Ruphas and they plan how to fight the goddess

Users who are viewing this thread