Yo-Jo Life! - Vol. 3 Ch. 37

Fed-Kun's army
out of 24, they secured 18
should be 6 left no?

¯\(ツ)/¯ typo
author_math.PNG

Dex-chan lover
  • Generally it's called the "Stone Chalice" but secret agency calls it the "Crown".
  • So the "Crown" is associated with ruling, and Liv and Aki's power is a power to rule over people.
  • Liv is an "Oath Keeper" and now apparently so is Aki.
  • Did it split in two because there are now two Oath Keepers?
  • If an Oath-keeper makes a wish while touching the stone, then that wish has huge power.
  • If a non-oath keeper makes a wish, then it either has low power or no power.
  • So if male Aki made a wish, it should not have had much power, though it might have synced with Liv's wish.
  • So, Aki's girlification must be due to Liv's wish, which must have been made while touching the stone.
  • One wonders why the agency would allow anyone to touch the stone at all -- but perhaps the little wishes of various people were gradually reducing the stone and thus reducing it's threat over time. But even then, it should have been enclosed in a building with tight but unobtrusive security.
  • And they definitely should not have allowed Liv near the stone, because that would be the most dangerous thing, right?
  • I'm wondering if Liv's wish was something like "I wish that I didn't have this burden." and Aki's was something like "I wish I could take some of the load off Liv's shoulders." (Probably while not having any real idea of what her burden was.)
  • In any case, Liv is obviously looking hugely suspicious here. She certainly knew ahead of time that making a wish while touching the stone would almost guarantee it's success. So it was intentional.
  • Correction: From re-reading, it seems like Aki would have had to undertake an oath to the stone. Presumably under the instigation of Liv.

Dex-chan lover
YAY I KNEW THE DUDES STILL USEFUL BABY

also this is the first time I see a genderbend manga that goes serious. Usually it's just

"Nah I guess we gonna live with it crowd laughing"

Dex-chan lover
When the mangaka realizes the story hasn't made any progress one chapter before the volume ends...

Dex-chan lover
When the mangaka realizes the story hasn't made any progress one chapter before the volume ends...
It's slightly difficult to notice but any "serious" story parts has been inconspicuously seeded on previous chapters, so while it might look "forced"/"rushed" it's actually given decent amounts of foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
It's slightly difficult to notice but any "serious" story parts has been inconspicuously seeded on previous chapters, so while it might look "forced"/"rushed" it's actually given decent amounts of foreshadowing.
Foreshadowing or none, we spent an entire chapter reading walls of text. I hated reading it, and I can't imagine the translator enjoyed translating it.

Dex-chan lover
Foreshadowing or none, we spent an entire chapter reading walls of text. I hated reading it, and I can't imagine the translator enjoyed translating it.
Funny thing, TL groups doesn't hate text walls. They hate "messy" texts, overabundance of SFX and "over-the-top" language from authors. The only time text walls becomes hated is if it's mixed in with those or if it's literally impossible to redraw.

Also if you're thinking this level of exposition is a "wall of text" you haven't read the more wordy ones, which funnily enough some of the more "annoying ones" to translate are up there in popularity.

Dex-chan lover
Funny thing, TL groups doesn't hate text walls. They hate "messy" texts, overabundance of SFX and "over-the-top" language from authors. The only time text walls becomes hated is if it's mixed in with those or if it's literally impossible to redraw.

Also if you're thinking this level of exposition is a "wall of text" you haven't read the more wordy ones, which funnily enough some of the more "annoying ones" to translate are up there in popularity.
I thought TSF was the group doing this one, not TL groups

Also, I did Barbaroi. This still looks tedious to do.

Group Leader
i usually take a long break each time i hit an irritating wall of text. the translation script can be a few times longer than some of the other series.

Users who are viewing this thread