Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 160 - Because I'm His Friend, Too

Dex-chan lover
So in chapter 104 when he says that they never met again "until the very end", the very end of what was that?

Dex-chan lover
These guys don't even notice tge difference. sadly...
Not to be "that guy" but - yes, the common denominator is low. Some people are satisfied with a shoddy product if it gets to them faster.

Personally, I don't even read the translations from the other group. I wait for your release, because I know it will be better. Stories aren't about how quickly you can read them, but how much you can get out of them, and for foreign works that demands a proper translation of the thoughtfulness and nuance.

So please don't get discouraged. There are readers who notice a difference - the readers who are seriously engaged with the story.

Dex-chan lover
Not to be "that guy" but - yes, the common denominator is low. Some people are satisfied with a shoddy product if it gets to them faster.

Personally, I don't even read the translations from the other group. I wait for your release, because I know it will be better. Stories aren't about how quickly you can read them, but how much you can get out of them, and for foreign works that demands a proper translation of the thoughtfulness and nuance.

So please don't get discouraged. There are readers who notice a difference - the readers who are seriously engaged with the story.
I'm not SERIOUSLY engaged with the story, but even still, you can notice differences in how characters are portrayed and how good the translation job is, that's why I keep only reading this group's work

Dex-chan lover
I'm not SERIOUSLY engaged with the story, but even still, you can notice differences in how characters are portrayed and how good the translation job is, that's why I keep only reading this group's work
Maybe I should just say "engaged" then. Go look at the comments in the other translation. There are a lot of commenters tired of this arc, and at least one guy who said he was going to skip the next chapter. That's not an audience which is actually engaged with the story. Personally, I've been enjoying a lot of the character development in this arc. But I've also come to expect those sorts of reactions. A lot of people, or a vocal minority, just show up for the pretty pictures and action scenes. Whenever the plot deviates from action, you lose them.

I think they're missing out. But fundamentally I can't fault them for enjoying what they enjoy.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe I should just say "engaged" then. Go look at the comments in the other translation. There are a lot of commenters tired of this arc, and at least one guy who said he was going to skip the next chapter. That's not an audience which is actually engaged with the story. Personally, I've been enjoying a lot of the character development in this arc. But I've also come to expect those sorts of reactions. A lot of people, or a vocal minority, just show up for the pretty pictures and action scenes. Whenever the plot deviates from action, you lose them.

I think they're missing out. But fundamentally I can't fault them for enjoying what they enjoy.
That group that you call "vocal minority" should be called thighs and fights", personally I think that just a more introspective arc is better sometimes, calm the pace, getting along with friends, understand them, getting ready for closure etc. Sometimes we just need to breath a lite and just embrace the (in)action

Users who are viewing this thread