Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 192 - That's Fucked Up

Dex-chan lover
862kxw.gif

862l5t.gif

Dex-chan lover
GET HIS ASS BOY!!! COME THE FUCK ON YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!
But seriously that dude is such a bitch

Dex-chan lover
And like, his whole story arc was done. His shit was resolved and he was moving on in the last chapter just like all the other "visiting" characters. The only reason I can think of for wasting more time on him is that there aren't any other fights to be fought before the end.
It was done... Until he noticed Nazuna's condition.

With that revealed, he and Kou were thrust back into tension once more, because Haruka could not accept Nazuna coming to harm, nor could he accept Kou's indifference to her plight.

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 200 is sooner than I thought.

There are a lot of unresolved and unanswered questions. Provided that the ending is satisfying, I don't think that unanswered questions or unexplored potentials are a bad thing. It's useful for generating discussion, and it can inspire derivative works made to answer those questions. Cowboy Bebop left a lot unanswered, and that is no small part of why it is a masterpiece.

Based on her track record with this manga so far - which is very smartly written - I anticipate that Kotoyama will stick the landing. I hope I'm right.

Group Leader
Wait is this arc ending at 200, or the entire manga? That's a bummer.

Dex-chan lover
Wait is this arc ending at 200, or the entire manga? That's a bummer.
The entire manga.

I read someone comment saying the manga got cancelled, but I can see how the author has been wrapping up the manga for a few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Dagashi Kashi ended on kind of a bland note, and a lot of the comments were saying 'the ring pop ending was better'
The 'ring pop' ending referring to:
cough
cough
by Pochi-Goya
Ah...
I see

Dex-chan lover
Why is he so overpowered man thats so boring !!! Also the 15 y old saying “thats my girl” aint it, especially when the girl is like 40 y old LMAO.

Double-page supporter
The author went from a slice of life manga taking place in a small town that was also a candy ad to a teen drama that explores the topic of love. i wonder what he’ll do next.

Aggregator gang
Man y’all annoy da fucc outta me crying about the Hokkaido arc and saying it was pointless. You can see which ppl actually read the manga and which ones just skim through it, it doesn’t take more than two brain cells to realize the whole point of the arc was to show Kou the deadly consequences of the dream he’s trying to pursue. Along with the fact that Kou can no longer follow Mahiru and he has to be his own person after years of doing everything he did since he was basically his idol.

Besides this story is about a boy trying to find himself and realize who he really is while also finding out what love really is, if you wanted some crazy deep vampire lore that explore their world go read Hellsing LMAOO

Dex-chan lover
I really think some people gotta realise that not everything needs a detailed explanation, or even just a simple justification. We are seeing the story in Kou's perspective, he doesn't care about why vampires exists or how is the daily life of other characters. He had a goal, become a vampire, learns how to become one. Realise he doesn't know much about emotions, since he would always mimic Mahiru, Mahiru fucking dies, Kou learns how to really love, and now here we are
Man y’all annoy da fucc outta me crying about the Hokkaido arc and saying it was pointless. You can see which ppl actually read the manga and which ones just skim through it, it doesn’t take more than two brain cells to realize the whole point of the arc was to show Kou the deadly consequences of the dream he’s trying to pursue. Along with the fact that Kou can no longer follow Mahiru and he has to be his own person after years of doing everything he did since he was basically his idol.
So basically this, and not everything needs to have a concrete anwser, just let it go

Dex-chan lover

Besides this story is about a boy trying to find himself and realize who he really is while also finding out what love really is, if you wanted some crazy deep vampire lore that explore their world go read Hellsing LMAOO
Not only that, the Mahiru arc served as a foil to Kou's own romance. It wasn't just to present the potential danger - it was to provide a contrast. Since this manga is an exploration of Love, juxtaposing the relationship of Kou and Nazuna with an incredibly unhealthy romance (Mahiru and Kiku) serves an obvious narrative purpose.

People don't like things, and just decide that those things are pointless and bad, rather than not to their own taste. It's a mentality that really bothers me.

I also have a sense that people are becoming more lore obsessed, and I feel like in some newer fiction, there is a tendency to focus a lot more on lore and background information than the narrative and characters. I am not sure why this trend is happening, I can make a few guesses. Personally though, I think questions only need to be answered if they enhance the story, enhance the characters, raise more questions, or justify what might otherwise seem like a horrible plot hole.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is literally one of the first Manga for me, and I started when it was about 100s? I'm pretty sad it's ending

Users who are viewing this thread