Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 195 - Can't Go Anywhere

Dex-chan lover
20231206_101150.gif
please don't end this in a bad taste, i don't even care if it feels rushed, just not a bad end

Dex-chan lover
3 options from here:

1) Summer Fling and they go their separate ways.

2) Happy ending where they're together (though that's unlikely)

3) Kiku and Mahiru part 2

Dex-chan lover
If a dream is a wish the heart makes, she wants that normie life in the sunlight with Kou...

🎶Sometimes dreams do come true, it could happen to you🎶

I dont think they gonna pull a Kiku and Mahiru momment.
Theory:
Summer Fling, then
Since Nazuna's a half-vamp, and she hasnt drunk blood in a while, her vamp side will be gone and she'll start to age normally. Kou's strenght also gone along with Nazuna's vamp side.

One year later:

Dex-chan lover
From the really cool aesthetic and slice of life start, to @Eighty-six 's theories, and now to the finale.
Also, I just really want to point this out:
A lot of people hated the Mahiru arc, and I kinda understand that. But that arc was really, really necessary to build up the tension we're getting right now. Also theres the whole narrative thing about how Mahiru and Kiku's relationship mirrors Nazuna and Kou's relationship and how important everything was to contextualize the rest of the story.
This series never was just about Kou and Nazuna. Mahiru and Kiku were central characters too...

Dex-chan lover
Ah, got it.

Well... putting aside that I disagree with that characterization, I can't understand the point of bringing that up in response to me specifically saying "I'd rank this manga pretty highly in my personal list".
Because either you forgot that more than half the manga is pointless bullshit, or your "Top 3" needs better entries.

Dex-chan lover
I knew it was an "it was all a dream" filler chapter, the moment I saw nazuna in the school as a student. Hate it. Couldn't they just have not made this chapter, if it was all just going to be non-canon stuff that has absolutely no relevance to the plot (and instantly forgotten by chars), anyway?

Fed-Kun's army
oof, the "what if..." chapter but is Nazuna wondering if she was born human. Damn, bruh :qq: It's sad but it's sadder to realize that they wouldn't have met if Nazuna wasn't some kind of dhampir, considering that Kou most probably wouldn't be at school in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Because either you forgot that more than half the manga is pointless bullshit, or your "Top 3" needs better entries.
I don't agree with your assessment of this manga's contents, but I outright can't make sense out of the imperative "you need to like better manga!"

No, I don't.

My hierarchy is largely based on specific personal attachments-- does it have things I like, and does it make sure to use those things well? Do I resonate with its themes? Is this manga a core memory for me? Do I deeply respect this mangaka?

"Story quality" is also important, but I'd still value the earnest fingerpainting my child made in kindergarten substantially more than the Mona Lisa-- talk less of a competent work that stuck with me versus other competent works that may not have (even if they're arguably more competent).

Are there better manga than the ones I like? Even if I grant that assertion-- and I grant it verbatim-- it's not relevant to specifically this matter. Why would it be?

I knew it was an "it was all a dream" filler chapter, the moment I saw nazuna in the school as a student. Hate it. Couldn't they just have not made this chapter, if it was all just going to be non-canon stuff that has absolutely no relevance to the plot (and instantly forgotten by chars), anyway?
How is it "filler"? It's clearly a peek into Nazuna's desire and insecurity, which also contextualizes her reversing her sleep schedule.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what just happened.

Was this a dream, an alternate reality? What on Earth is going on?

Is the mangaka going to pull a Gainax ending on us?

Please don't let this end with a kimochi warui moment.
Dream was her wishing to be human so she could be with him all the time; dream's ending, when she talks about "going to the zoo at night" and "she is confused", is realizing -while still into the dream- that she's a vampire with no (apparent) possibility to turn human so they are destined to be separated. And that's why she cries

EDIT:

MC's words are "menacing" because they seem ready to pull off the same fate as the other two.
Which could happen, but I don't think that it will feel "original" and a choice that author would make: I'm more inclined to say that MC's particular condition of half-vampire is what is going to change things for them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread