Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 19 Ch. 188 - Lukewarm

For my comrades that have yet to experience love, what's it like reading manga like this about falling in love? I'm curious

Last page is exactly how women react when I tell them how much I spend on gunpla and videogames as an adult man

Dex-chan lover
The fear isn't that Nazuna will die directly from drinking, but that she will turn into a human and that all the years will come rushing back to her.
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying the entire premise is flawed. It doesn't matter what kind of danger it supposedly presents, it wouldn't just suddenly be dangerous now that she's realized she likes him. You need to already like someone in order to realize you like them, and she's been drinking Kou's blood all this time with no issue, all that's changed from 100 or so chapters ago is that she's heard rumor about love-struck vampires and realized her own feelings.
Mahiru did commit suicide though.
It wasn't just Mahiru that did, he and Kiku decided to make out at dawn because it was romantic and were both reduced to ash by the dawn's first rays.

No one has any proof that Kiku returned to being human and turned to dust as the years caught up. However Nazuna exists as the child of a human-vampire relationship and so far she has proven to lack many of the weaknesses that other vampires have, so even if Kiku did turn to dust because the years caught up to her there is nothing to suggest the same would happen to Nazuna. (especially since Nazuna has been aging, she was born a baby just the same as any human would, and has grown into the woman she is now, even though she has been a "vampire" since birth -the child of a human-vampire couple is technically a dhampir, not a vampire-)

Dex-chan lover
I CANNNTTT WAIIT ANOTHER WEEK AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beside the eminent caos (Nazuna freaking out) I was thinking, what if Kou suck someone in his halfvampire state? Can he?

I just want tO HAV MAI WHOLESOME NAZUNA AND KOU sos

Dex-chan lover
If i rebemme
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying the entire premise is flawed. It doesn't matter what kind of danger it supposedly presents, it wouldn't just suddenly be dangerous now that she's realized she likes him. You need to already like someone in order to realize you like them, and she's been drinking Kou's blood all this time with no issue, all that's changed from 100 or so chapters ago is that she's heard rumor about love-struck vampires and realized her own feelings.

It wasn't just Mahiru that did, he and Kiku decided to make out at dawn because it was romantic and were both reduced to ash by the dawn's first rays.

No one has any proof that Kiku returned to being human and turned to dust as the years caught up. However Nazuna exists as the child of a human-vampire relationship and so far she has proven to lack many of the weaknesses that other vampires have, so even if Kiku did turn to dust because the years caught up to her there is nothing to suggest the same would happen to Nazuna. (especially since Nazuna has been aging, she was born a baby just the same as any human would, and has grown into the woman she is now, even though she has been a "vampire" since birth -the child of a human-vampire couple is technically a dhampir, not a vampire-)
If i'm not wrong, she didnt born as a baby. The mam woman (vampire I forgot name) said she just saw that Haku vanished and there was nazuna in her place

Dex-chan lover
As dizaster once said love me long time long time sucky sucky fucky fucky wonton

Dex-chan lover
That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying the entire premise is flawed.
While I think you're possibly quite rght in terms of how the manga will progress, it also makes sense within the manga for it to be stalled on this problem. Like, without enough information, it's understandable that the characters are hesitant to just "try stuff." Would you be taking that risk if you weren't sure?

Dex-chan lover
While I think you're possibly quite rght in terms of how the manga will progress, it also makes sense within the manga for it to be stalled on this problem. Like, without enough information, it's understandable that the characters are hesitant to just "try stuff." Would you be taking that risk if you weren't sure?
They're going to have a conversation with Anko who will give them a convoluted, dubiously accurate explanation of love that boils down to, "You were already in love with him before this, stupid." And she'll convince them it's fine.

Dex-chan lover
Yes? I mean, I wouldn't be such an idiot as to start stacking risks the way Kiku and Mahiru did, enjoying a romantic sunrise as vampires, but I also wouldn't be wouldn't be the same brand of idiot as "I drank his blood the other day without problem but just realised I've actually liked him for a while, so drinking his blood must be dangerous" Nazuna.

They wouldn't really be trying anything they haven't been doing. Nazuna already liked Kou, that's why she she realised she likes Kou, and if she'd actually think about it for even half an attosecond then she'd realise that sucking Kou's blood isn't any more dangerous now than it was the last few dozen times, because she was already in love and just didn't realize it. Any attentive reader should be able to see that just by how Nazuna gets so protective of him and how possessive she can get, ever since the first time he got abducted by the other vampires. In case you forgot, she didn't just head there to take him back, she went there ready to slaughter them, even though they had been her friends and family all her life, and even after realising he was safe she was still rather upset about how clingy they were getting with him.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes? I mean, I wouldn't be such an idiot as to start stacking risks the way Kiku and Mahiru did, enjoying a romantic sunrise as vampires, but I also wouldn't be wouldn't be the same brand of idiot as "I drank his blood the other day without problem but just realised I've actually liked him for a while, so drinking his blood must be dangerous" Nazuna.
I think that Kou being a half-vampire asks questions of this conclusion. So much of the story has been Kou trying to figure out what his feelings for Nazuna are: I wouldn't be surprised if he is a half-vampire because he has only the half of his feelings. That is, he feels love but hasn't actually realised it. Even without the question of why he's half, if all it took for transformation was that someone 'feels it inside,' then Kou would have turned full-vamp earlier.

Nazuna's feelings are also similar complicated. Her whole character dynamic is that, while Kou is young but adult-like, Nazuna is 50+ years and childish+naive. She is possessive, but very much in a, "This is my interesting toy and no one gets to play with him but me," sort of way -- which is not the type of 'like' or love that the series has been talking about. She may have 'felt' the feelings, but hardly recognised them.

Nazuna has not drunk Kou's blood since Hokkaido, in chapter 137. That's 50 chapters ago, a whole 1/3rd of this manga. It's also clear that since then her feelings have developed significantly -- they are obviously not the same level as before. Proof of that is the vampiric drive to drink his blood. Where it was a fun past-time for her, it's now a more primitive desire.
//
I still think it's possible that your theory that 'it's no danger to Nazuna to drink Kou's blood' may be right. But I think you are oversimplifying the character's thinking, feelings, and fears. Kou's not turning full earlier shows us that 'inside feelings' aren't enough for the transformation. Both their feelings have clearly climbed up another level in the last few chapters and especially since the last time Nazuna drank. They have no idea what really happened with Kiku and Mahiru; only Kou saw anything, and that was a pile of dust and a letter.

Dex-chan lover
I think that Kou being a half-vampire asks questions of this conclusion. So much of the story has been Kou trying to figure out what his feelings for Nazuna are: I wouldn't be surprised if he is a half-vampire because he has only the half of his feelings. That is, he feels love but hasn't actually realised it. Even without the question of why he's half, if all it took for transformation was that someone 'feels it inside,' then Kou would have turned full-vamp earlier.

Nazuna's feelings are also similar complicated. Her whole character dynamic is that, while Kou is young but adult-like, Nazuna is 50+ years and childish+naive. She is possessive, but very much in a, "This is my interesting toy and no one gets to play with him but me," sort of way -- which is not the type of 'like' or love that the series has been talking about. She may have 'felt' the feelings, but hardly recognised them.

Nazuna has not drunk Kou's blood since Hokkaido, in chapter 137. That's 50 chapters ago, a whole 1/3rd of this manga. It's also clear that since then her feelings have developed significantly -- they are obviously not the same level as before. Proof of that is the vampiric drive to drink his blood. Where it was a fun past-time for her, it's now a more primitive desire.
//
I still think it's possible that your theory that 'it's no danger to Nazuna to drink Kou's blood' may be right. But I think you are oversimplifying the character's thinking, feelings, and fears. Kou's not turning full earlier shows us that 'inside feelings' aren't enough for the transformation. Both their feelings have clearly climbed up another level in the last few chapters and especially since the last time Nazuna drank. They have no idea what really happened with Kiku and Mahiru; only Kou saw anything, and that was a pile of dust and a letter.
You might be forgetting that Nazuna's father was human, she's only half-vampire herself. The fact that she's a dhampir (the correct term for an individual such as herself that's born between a vampire and another race) instead of an actual vampire may be having an impact, half-vampire might be as vampire as it gets being turned by Nazuna. This is also supported by how no one else had ever even heard of someone becoming a half-vampire, until Nazuna finally ends up trying to turn someone when she herself is an existence that none of them had ever even thought possible until her mother decided to shack up with a human. You're telling me that all these vampires that are hundreds of years old and have each turned tens if not hundreds of people into vampires, have never had someone that fell in love but wasn't sure of their feelings like Kou is? No, I get it, you're leaning into the idea that Kou is the main character so he must be some 1 in a 100 billion exception, and that Nazuna is just another run-of-the-mill vampire despite the exceptional circumstances behind her entire existence.

Also, the start of Hokkaido trip might have been 50 chapters ago, but when you translate that back to actual story time it's still only a few weeks. It's not like she hasn't drank his blood in over a year, it hasn't even been a couple months, meanwhile the rest of the series has taken place over the course of several months. (Almost a year, actually)

And hey, if they really don't want to take any risks themselves, there is that one other vampire that seems to be crazy about Kou, just let her have a nibble and see if she suddenly turns into an granny or vaporizes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You might be forgetting that Nazuna's father was human, she's only half-vampire herself. The fact that she's a dhampir (the correct term for an individual such as herself that's born between a vampire and another race) instead of an actual vampire may be having an impact, half-vampire might be as vampire as it gets being turned by Nazuna.
It's quite possible that Kou is half because Nazuna is half, but our main characters don't know that, and so cannot be expected to make risky decisions because of that. All your theories make sense as the outside observer on this side of the fourth wall, but my point is that they are based on information unknown to the characters, and your description of them as dumb seems unreasonable.
Perhaps the other vamps do know more, but if they do they are keeping it a secret. Overall though, it seems that the vamps know very little about themselves, share even less, and Nazuna is naive even among them.

This is also supported by how no one else had ever even heard of someone becoming a half-vampire, until Nazuna finally ends up trying to turn someone when she herself is an existence that none of them had ever even thought possible until her mother decided to shack up with a human. You're telling me that all these vampires that are hundreds of years old and have each turned tens if not hundreds of people into vampires, have never had someone that fell in love but wasn't sure of their feelings like Kou is? No, I get it, you're leaning into the idea that Kou is the main character so he must be some 1 in a 100 billion exception, and that Nazuna is just another run-of-the-mill vampire despite the exceptional circumstances behind her entire existence.
Throughout the series, everyone who has turned into vamp-kin has been shown to be completely obsessed with their master. It's also been established that full vamps are irresistibly attractive to those whom they meet. Now, it might be that Nazuna is not so much to Kou because she's half (note she has never had another kin), and/or because he's so young. But yes, quite possible that there has never been anyone as unclear in their feelings as Kou - at least in terms of history our characters know about.
Also, the start of Hokkaido trip might have been 50 chapters ago, but when you translate that back to actual story time it's still only a few weeks. It's not like she hasn't drank his blood in over a year, it hasn't even been a couple months, meanwhile the rest of the series has taken place over the course of several months. (Almost a year, actually)
While you're right on how much time has passed, character and relationship development happens in media, not because time passes, but because of events and character interactions. We just spent 50 chapters on two week's worth of time. Put another way, what has happened in these two weeks is equivalent to half a year.
Add to that Kou and Nazuna being egged on by various other factors (appearance of girls who like Kou, Nazu having to figure out who she likes because of new vamp, the actual plot point of Vamp+Human love, etc.) and this being in the later stages of a relationship, it seems quite reasonable to me that something has actually changed in these two weeks.
And hey, if they really don't want to take any risks themselves, there is that one other vampire that seems to be crazy about Kou, just let her have a nibble and see if she suddenly turns into an granny or vaporizes.
Oh yes, I'm not sure if the gun is loaded, so let me get my friend to play russian roulette. And anyway, pipi's "love" for Kou is clearly different to Nazuna's. It's driven by respect for his fighting ability, and does not drive her to suck his blood.

Users who are viewing this thread