Yojouhan Isekai Kouryuuki

Fed-Kun's army
The tags need to be updated badly. If you find this series looking for a fun, ecchi SoL comedy manga, the latest chapters are going to seriously upset you. That's why I'm dropping it, it started out fun enough but it's getting way too serious for what I wanted from it.

Wu

Group Leader
Well, to explain it a bit further, I'd be more like that someone used the opportunity of MC being knocked out cold to "seal away MC's main personality" and with that the reasoning that he had was also gone, it wouldn't be a far stretch to say that it's like a 2nd personality / soul (like Shiki said). Not like it bothers me, I'm just here for the good art. kek.

@Wu What about the cameras inside the rooms? Dude had zero privacy everyone knew exactly what he was doing. And now all of a sudden complete radiosilence? Yeah right...it's called "plothole"
And why bother making the MC a proper "gentlemen" building his relationship with the girls
then out of nowhere make him blackmail and rape everyone?
Even if the author conveniently explains it, still doesn't fit in storywise at all... Let's just all agree the author is nuts...

Double-page supporter
@SemiNoodle haha yeah exactly what I thought after the last two chapters. "Oh. He wrote dead tube, yeah makes sense now"

Now I hope the writer just does his art like this, which I can respect. Not a lot of people have balls to fuck everyone over like this, that takes guts and I get really excited for it. But if the writer REALLY gets off of these perversions and not just because that is how his art is, then well, I'd rather this guy not live in a populated area. Hopefully he works in a cave with wifi somewhere.

I'm not making a lot of sense, am I? See it like this, when someone skecthing with a nude model, I hope the drawer is more focused on the art than his stiffy. Something like that. Now replace "nude mode" with... whatever the fuck is happening in this shit.

it makes me happy to see this manga's rating drop, keep it up, at least until "sexual violence" gets added to the tags

Dex-chan lover
Well this was a fun way to ruin an afternoon. Such a shame too, as Kiso Fumihiro's art is fantastic.

Dex-chan lover
What the actual fuck was that turn of events.. shit.. if the manga was like that from the start then okay but this just ruined it for me. Last few chapters are a huge wtf man..

Wow! This went from pretty decent to dogshit. This manga really knows how to make you hate an author.

Dex-chan lover
Not RIP. This development is refreshing! So nice to see your tears! 🤣

You know, no one would have cared if the protagonist suddenly
started being sexually aggressive without the whole fake body switch
horseshit.

I mean, I'm sure there are differing views on concepts like subverting reader expectations and we can try to handwave it as "OMG it's a Yamaguchi Mikoto work lel, didn't yuu no?" but there is a big difference between an tonal shift that leaves the audience wondering what's happening and makes them curious and what happened here. Here, Yamaguchi seems to be less interested in his own story than he is in a
lazy, two-chapter fakeout for shock value
. I couldn't give a shit about NTR, I've read plenty, but this was just tonal whiplash for the sake of it.

To take a look at the function the story point was trying to serve,
this whole fake body switch concept is literally functionally identical to someone mind controlling the MC/making his desire run wild as he is since all the heroines think it's him anyway
. In fact, that's the base conceit and the outcome anyway. And that's the most important part. He could have had the same narrative outcome without pissing off the audience. The only purpose served by the framing device the author chose is to attempt to shock and upset the audience with the tonal bait-and-switch. And I don't even mind the bait-and-switch at a baseline, this one was just poorly done, narratively unjustified, and seemed to be more interested in getting a reaction out of the audience than doing anything in the story.

And hey, the numbers tell you how well Yamaguchi's little moment of authorial self-indulgence went over with the audience. Call it an artistic choice all you want, it was poorly executed and people reacted to it about as well as you'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread