Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 9 Ch. 38 - I Don't Really Get It But, Sensei Will Try Her Best

Dex-chan lover
based on the development of Japanese orthography that would mean there’s China-esque country out there in this world from which katakana, hiragana, and kanji characters were adopted

basically an interesting choice by the author to not use a faux-fantasy writing that most isekais use

Dex-chan lover
based on the development of Japanese orthography that would mean there’s China-esque country out there in this world from which katakana, hiragana, and kanji characters were adopted

basically an interesting choice by the author to not use a faux-fantasy writing that most isekais use
Well, a China from where kanji were adopted
And then some kanji were also used for syllable characters
And then the syllable characters were simplified in two separate ways
And then the separate ways of simplification were combined and started being used for separate things
And then less commonly used syllable characters (hentaigana) were declared obsolete and now む and ん no longer represent the same sound.
And THEN a cultural shift happened after an America-esque country occupied them after a war which lead to a simplification of some kanji.
Etc

Dex-chan lover
Are we still with the guy that got genderswapped? How come his culinary skills are this varied? Wasn't he a job-focused scientist?

Double-page supporter
Poor other world has to struggle with japaneese lmao

Dex-chan lover
Are we still with the guy that got genderswapped? How come his culinary skills are this varied? Wasn't he a job-focused scientist?
The simple answer to that is sheer boredom and spending a lot of time alone since reincarnation. When not "busy" being alone, had to do something.

Dex-chan lover
The simple answer to that is sheer boredom and spending a lot of time alone since reincarnation. When not "busy" being alone, had to do something.
What, so you just skip trial and error when the only point of reference is how it tasted?

Dex-chan lover
The weird part about the writing system is that Japan has multiple, which would be rather unusual to find elsewhere.

People used chalkboards or writing slates in schools a couple of hundred years ago. Not sure how far back that went. And not just the big blackboard the teacher had, the kids also had small ones they wrote on to practice. Paper for studying came later.

That's such a boxy dagger.

So weird how outside of first chapter tags "Suggestive" and "Sexual Violence" are barely relevant. Imagine amount of people who were filtered by "Sexual Violence" only for this manga to be vanilla isekai.
People tag "sexual violence" if it appears in a single panel in the entire manga, or if appears at some point in the WN/LN, regardless of the prominence of the characters involved.

Likewise, "suggestive" if there's even a little bit at some point. Though in this case "suggestive" isn't particularly odd, since it's not just about fanservice, but also about topics.

How come his culinary skills are this varied? Wasn't he a job-focused scientist?
Why is it odd to have multiple skills?

Dex-chan lover
Why is it odd to have multiple skills?
It isn't. The issue is that the man didn't have this level of skill before and he lamented his lack thereof. The proficiency he displays isn't reflective of the time spent during his isolation period nor his travel. How did he know that many dishes, what goes in them and how to prepare.

Dex-chan lover
It isn't. The issue is that the man didn't have this level of skill before and he lamented his lack thereof. The proficiency he displays isn't reflective of the time spent during his isolation period nor his travel. How did he know that many dishes, what goes in them and how to prepare.
Not sure I agree with that. What's displayed here isn't particularly complex. Varied, sure, but having a basic idea of what goes into a particular dish can sometimes be enough to cook a decent meal that approximates the same thing, and the time of isolation and travel is enough to learn quite a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure I agree with that. What's displayed here isn't particularly complex. Varied, sure, but having a basic idea of what goes into a particular dish can sometimes be enough to cook a decent meal that approximates the same thing, and the time of isolation and travel is enough to learn quite a bit.
Just checked and he really has that Michelin star restaurant chef skill in addition to architecture and various engineering. Guess I lagged behind again and thought his profession was being a scientist.

Dex-chan lover
Just checked and he really has that Michelin star restaurant chef skill in addition to architecture and various engineering. Guess I lagged behind again and thought his profession was being a scientist.
Do you have a point or is it just some dumb joke?

Dex-chan lover
Do you have a point or is it just some dumb joke?
For starters, I really did forget he has those skills and given that he had to learn magic sniping, it made me remember a different work. A better version of this story where his repertoire is limited and have to go through the same process as his sniping.

Given now that I misremembered details, I'm no longer sure if he's got a limiter. What exactly does he has to "try her best" at, I got no clue. Interpersonal relationships maybe?

Dex-chan lover
it made me remember a different work.
Well, it's easy to mix all these isekais up, since they're all so similar in some aspects. This one has a fairly distinct personality, but skill-wise it's kind of done before.

Dex-chan lover
Bad Protagonist. Stop ruining perfectly good food with chicken and making insanely bad shortswords.
Shrink the crossguard, thicken the hilt, thin the blade.

Users who are viewing this thread