Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu - Vol. 9 Ch. 42 - I Don't Really Get It, But This Kind of Feels Like a Harem for Eating Meat

Double-page supporter
Mr translator you are a damn irl necromancer you just picked up a dead manga and just translated it like on a whim you sir/maam have my full respect

Dex-chan lover
I mean I agree with you to a point, and I only use their site with an AdBlocker (uBlock Origin, use it people), it's just that if we have to weigh between "use their site with an adblocker / get it from a piracy site / something similar", and "re-translate 18 chapters from scratch when the existing chapters are of perfectly fine quality", the latter has far more downsides than the former, the choice isn't even close.

It is likely one way or another that some day their translations will end up here, either because their group is killed off and MangaDex uploads releases here if a group's been dead for 6 months, or whatever other reason. It would be a crying shame to waste 18 chapter's worth of effort just to have the complete thing here on a temporary basis.
I understand your perspective, and it is an entirely valid perspective.
Unfortunately, regardless of how valid it is, it won't fly for those who don't use websites other than Mangadex. For me, the only time I use other sites is when there is a gap in chapters that is significantly old, old enough to imply that it's likely to never be filled. Others are even more strict than that and will literally never use other sites (which is an option that I fully support).
Your view on the matter is valid, but I don't see any reason why we should be required to "make due" when this translator is willing to go from the beginning of the gap. Another, equally valid, view would be that the new translator shouldn't even touch this manga since another group is translating it at all (something about some number of months since the last published chapter). Since that is an equally valid view the new translator "could be" scared away from this manga completely.

Ultimately there is no one "correct" way for this to go, well, except for the obvious "legal" option but I opt against that one... Since the new translator has offered to continue from the last chapter they did, which was the next chapter after the previous group stopped uploading, I believe that is what they should do.

Dex-chan lover
I understand your perspective, and it is an entirely valid perspective.
Unfortunately, regardless of how valid it is, it won't fly for those who don't use websites other than Mangadex. For me, the only time I use other sites is when there is a gap in chapters that is significantly old, old enough to imply that it's likely to never be filled. Others are even more strict than that and will literally never use other sites (which is an option that I fully support).
Your view on the matter is valid, but I don't see any reason why we should be required to "make due" when this translator is willing to go from the beginning of the gap. Another, equally valid, view would be that the new translator shouldn't even touch this manga since another group is translating it at all (something about some number of months since the last published chapter). Since that is an equally valid view the new translator "could be" scared away from this manga completely.

Ultimately there is no one "correct" way for this to go, well, except for the obvious "legal" option but I opt against that one... Since the new translator has offered to continue from the last chapter they did, which was the next chapter after the previous group stopped uploading, I believe that is what they should do.
I've been here before, multiple times, think I've lost count. Chapters are on a group's site instead of the main manga reading hub (Batoto, MangaDex, wherever), a translator comes along and starts to fill the gap starting with the old group's chapters in order to fill the gap on the main site instead of just completing the series normally, they get bored after however many chapters and effectively all the effort is wasted because they didn't even get through the gap so nothing new has actually been translated.

Even best case scenario they get through the gap, that's a whole load of time and effort wasted, for something that will eventually get invalidated because those chapters always end up on the main site (here) eventually anyway and for chapters that most have already read, to satisfy a few stubborn people who refuse to touch any other site ever. smh.

Dex-chan lover
I've been here before, multiple times, think I've lost count. Chapters are on a group's site instead of the main manga reading hub (Batoto, MangaDex, wherever), a translator comes along and starts to fill the gap starting with the old group's chapters in order to fill the gap on the main site instead of just completing the series normally, they get bored after however many chapters and effectively all the effort is wasted because they didn't even get through the gap so nothing new has actually been translated.

Even best case scenario they get through the gap, that's a whole load of time and effort wasted, for something that will eventually get invalidated because those chapters always end up on the main site (here) eventually anyway and for chapters that most have already read, to satisfy a few stubborn people who refuse to touch any other site ever. smh.
Two things then: given what you have said, how do you feel about multiple translation groups translating the same manga at the same time (especially if both are translating purely because they are fans of that specific series)? Is one of the group's efforts a waste simply because they are physically capable of translating something else (even if they wouldn't do so because their group exists for the one given series)?
Secondly, we will just have to wait and see what this new group chooses to do. If they choose to do the chapters missing from this website, that is purely and solely up to them. If they choose to skip ahead to the last available chapter that the previous group has on their website, again, purely and solely up to them...
However, this returns to my previous point, if they do that why even bother translating this specific manga at all since another group is already doing so? Why not stop doing something someone is already doing, but hosting elsewhere, and find a manga absolutely no one else has touched? Wouldn't that be a more effective and efficient use of their time?

Again, we will have to wait and leave the decision up to the new group. Really, neither one of us has a right to expect or demand anything from them.

Dex-chan lover
Two things then: given what you have said, how do you feel about multiple translation groups translating the same manga at the same time (especially if both are translating purely because they are fans of that specific series)? Is one of the group's efforts a waste simply because they are physically capable of translating something else (even if they wouldn't do so because their group exists for the one given series)?
Secondly, we will just have to wait and see what this new group chooses to do. If they choose to do the chapters missing from this website, that is purely and solely up to them. If they choose to skip ahead to the last available chapter that the previous group has on their website, again, purely and solely up to them...
However, this returns to my previous point, if they do that why even bother translating this specific manga at all since another group is already doing so? Why not stop doing something someone is already doing, but hosting elsewhere, and find a manga absolutely no one else has touched? Wouldn't that be a more effective and efficient use of their time?

Again, we will have to wait and leave the decision up to the new group. Really, neither one of us has a right to expect or demand anything from them.
1: Not a fan, I'd rather they all just translate different things. It's much worse though when you have one group that's already done the chapters 6+ months prior and then a lone newbie translator comes along after the fact to redo them when there's no problem with it.

2: This isn't a group, it's not a "they", it's a single person doing it because they feel like it. Yes of course the final decision rests with them, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't try to persuade them not to make a mistake out of inexperience.

3: No other group is translating it, AGS don't seem interested (capable?) in continuing the series. They last did anything months ago, haven't bothered moving it over to their new site and haven't even bothered informing MangaUpdates about their last 7 chapters. So firstly as far as I care they makes them fair game, and secondly it tells me they're in their death throes and after they die all their stuff will get re-uploaded here anyway.

Dex-chan lover
1: Not a fan, I'd rather they all just translate different things. It's much worse though when you have one group that's already done the chapters 6+ months prior and then a lone newbie translator comes along after the fact to redo them when there's no problem with it.

2: This isn't a group, it's not a "they", it's a single person doing it because they feel like it. Yes of course the final decision rests with them, but that doesn't mean people shouldn't try to persuade them not to make a mistake out of inexperience.

3: No other group is translating it, AGS don't seem interested (capable?) in continuing the series. They last did anything months ago, haven't bothered moving it over to their new site and haven't even bothered informing MangaUpdates about their last 7 chapters. So firstly as far as I care they makes them fair game, and secondly it tells me they're in their death throes and after they die all their stuff will get re-uploaded here anyway.
I shouldn't draw this out much longer, but I felt the need to respond at least one last time.

1. You are entitled to your opinion, and, no, I don't mean that in a snarky, self important way. I mean I honestly and literally.
I agree with you that when someone (be it an actual "group" of people or a lone individual) comes and, how do I say this? Redoes all the previous work, and especially if the previous work was acceptable enough to be released semi-officially, then there is little reason for it to be redone. However, the exception that is the hill I will die on is when that someone decides that they want to do it nothing can disallow it (except legal circumstances, of course). Even if that someone is doing it purely for the experience, they have the right to do it, and no one has the right to deny them that (except legally, of course).

2. My mistake, it is an individual. I was using "global" terminology for "group" as in scanlation "group". It may not literally apply to a single individual, but the meaning is there.
And I, politely, disagree that it is a mistake. A mistake would be to put in the effort to work on something you have no interest in or love for with absolutely and literally no reward or compensation. They aren't getting paid, they are doing it because they want to. Suggesting they work on something else just because someone has "done it before" absolutely and utterly defeats the purpose of what they are doing.
Even if it's purely to learn the language or the tools, or some similar arbitrary reason, utilizing something that they enjoy and want to work on will make the (otherwise unrewarding) chore something that they can work through. Someone telling them that they are unnecessary and should do something else will not help them, but vastly more likely cause harm. They are much more likely to simply stop and never do it again than to agree and start not only finding something untouched (which is hard enough alone) but that they likely have absolutely no interest in. Unless they are getting paid for their work, and even if they are doing it for a class, this is done as a hobby not a job, which is what you're suggestion, your insistent persuasion, turns it into.

3. I wasn't aware of AGS' update schedule, nor do I really care. I won't read it on their website, and unless you are correct and they have done literally nothing (for any manga) at all for the past many months, then assuming that they are in their death throws is just that, an assumption.
True, very rarely do groups (be they literal "groups" of multiple people, or figurative "groups" of a single individual) announce their disbandment; usually they just die and fade into memory or obscurity. But until Mangadex officially recognizes the group as dead they will resist people external to the group uploading their work onto Mangadex, and, heaven forbid, someone from that group objecting to the upload after, it will immediately be taken down.
I have seen enough times where one group (or individual) assumes another group (or individual) is dead or has stopped working, begins doing their own version on the manga, only to upload within a short time of the original one doing the same. Whether they are just trying to keep a death grip on the manga or had a legitimate reason for not uploading the chapter(s) is ultimately irrelevant, it often leads to one or both or all groups dropping the manga.
Regardless, you made it clear that you believe that no two groups should translate the same works, and without communication between them (i.e. coordination, which is less likely to happen than all groups miraculously outright not choosing the same works in the first place) without communication this is impossible and would constantly lead to mangas being inexplicably dropped. And that isn't pedantics, it's happened enough to be real.

tldr: I respect your opinion and honor your right to the opinion, but I fundamentally disagree with the premise of the opinion. I would fight for the individual's (group's) right to choose what they work on purely based on their desire to work on it and not some arbitrary and non-existent "obligation" to use their time efficiently. And I would equally fight that choosing a work someone else has done isn't a "mistake" out of "inexperience" it's learning with a passion using something that they are passionate about. ... If it was a "paid" translation group, then I could agree that it was a mistake, this is not that.
I don't claim to know the reasons for this new individual to choose this manga. The above could be the reason, or it could be completely different. I've no idea.

And finally, I see no reason to draw out this argument longer. We clearly have very different views and opinions on this. I will respect yours... Unless it looks like you are trying to manipulate the new translator to stop; only then will I start this again. (Or, if you want to debate further, send me a message/start a conversation. I see no real reason for everyone else to have to scroll past our text.)
Anyway, I am going to bed now.

Dex-chan lover
I shouldn't draw this out much longer, but I felt the need to respond at least one last time.

1. You are entitled to your opinion, and, no, I don't mean that in a snarky, self important way. I mean I honestly and literally.
I agree with you that when someone (be it an actual "group" of people or a lone individual) comes and, how do I say this? Redoes all the previous work, and especially if the previous work was acceptable enough to be released semi-officially, then there is little reason for it to be redone. However, the exception that is the hill I will die on is when that someone decides that they want to do it nothing can disallow it (except legal circumstances, of course). Even if that someone is doing it purely for the experience, they have the right to do it, and no one has the right to deny them that (except legally, of course).

2. My mistake, it is an individual. I was using "global" terminology for "group" as in scanlation "group". It may not literally apply to a single individual, but the meaning is there.
And I, politely, disagree that it is a mistake. A mistake would be to put in the effort to work on something you have no interest in or love for with absolutely and literally no reward or compensation. They aren't getting paid, they are doing it because they want to. Suggesting they work on something else just because someone has "done it before" absolutely and utterly defeats the purpose of what they are doing.
Even if it's purely to learn the language or the tools, or some similar arbitrary reason, utilizing something that they enjoy and want to work on will make the (otherwise unrewarding) chore something that they can work through. Someone telling them that they are unnecessary and should do something else will not help them, but vastly more likely cause harm. They are much more likely to simply stop and never do it again than to agree and start not only finding something untouched (which is hard enough alone) but that they likely have absolutely no interest in. Unless they are getting paid for their work, and even if they are doing it for a class, this is done as a hobby not a job, which is what you're suggestion, your insistent persuasion, turns it into.

3. I wasn't aware of AGS' update schedule, nor do I really care. I won't read it on their website, and unless you are correct and they have done literally nothing (for any manga) at all for the past many months, then assuming that they are in their death throws is just that, an assumption.
True, very rarely do groups (be they literal "groups" of multiple people, or figurative "groups" of a single individual) announce their disbandment; usually they just die and fade into memory or obscurity. But until Mangadex officially recognizes the group as dead they will resist people external to the group uploading their work onto Mangadex, and, heaven forbid, someone from that group objecting to the upload after, it will immediately be taken down.
I have seen enough times where one group (or individual) assumes another group (or individual) is dead or has stopped working, begins doing their own version on the manga, only to upload within a short time of the original one doing the same. Whether they are just trying to keep a death grip on the manga or had a legitimate reason for not uploading the chapter(s) is ultimately irrelevant, it often leads to one or both or all groups dropping the manga.
Regardless, you made it clear that you believe that no two groups should translate the same works, and without communication between them (i.e. coordination, which is less likely to happen than all groups miraculously outright not choosing the same works in the first place) without communication this is impossible and would constantly lead to mangas being inexplicably dropped. And that isn't pedantics, it's happened enough to be real.

tldr: I respect your opinion and honor your right to the opinion, but I fundamentally disagree with the premise of the opinion. I would fight for the individual's (group's) right to choose what they work on purely based on their desire to work on it and not some arbitrary and non-existent "obligation" to use their time efficiently. And I would equally fight that choosing a work someone else has done isn't a "mistake" out of "inexperience" it's learning with a passion using something that they are passionate about. ... If it was a "paid" translation group, then I could agree that it was a mistake, this is not that.
I don't claim to know the reasons for this new individual to choose this manga. The above could be the reason, or it could be completely different. I've no idea.

And finally, I see no reason to draw out this argument longer. We clearly have very different views and opinions on this. I will respect yours... Unless it looks like you are trying to manipulate the new translator to stop; only then will I start this again. (Or, if you want to debate further, send me a message/start a conversation. I see no real reason for everyone else to have to scroll past our text.)
Anyway, I am going to bed now.
1: Probably the single dumbest take you could have, to be quite honest. It's not an "opinion", it's reality or history if you prefer and something that happens again and again, it's like trying to call the sun rising an opinion. Secondly, nobody is forcing this translator to do things, I and others are trying to advise him that it's a self destructive path that's not a great idea to do but you've already decided without a single word that it is literally inconceivable to ever advise or otherwise dissuade him from this course of action, because this is the outcome you want due to your selfish desires.

2: To put it very simply: digging holes is not fun. If he absolutely wants to do exactly these specific chapters no matter what then it's whatever, I'll just sit back and watch as this series dies again for another 6 months, a year, however long yet again with zero progress beyond c59 and eventually these chapters effectively get duped when AGS inevitably dies (the average lifespan of a group is about 6 to 7 years) and all their stuff gets reuploaded here as a result.
If however he does c60 onwards instead then there's hope for the series once he inevitably gets bored and quits. At least there would have been forward momentum.

3: "Regardless, you made it clear that you believe that no two groups should translate the same works"
To restate, only specifically if the first group obviously has no problems and is actively translating that series. If you have two groups both updating a series at the same time weekly or whatever then that's such a waste. If they've gone completely quiet for months then fuck 'em.

Yes, there are groups who sit on a series for months without updates and then when somebody else comes along they suddenly post 3+ chapters and claim they couldn't focus on it due to a lack of translators, all while they keep picking up new titles. Not really relevant here though because if they've gone months without a single release then they no longer have any claim to the series, plus I've never actually seen a situation where both groups stop translating a series just because somebody started to continue where the first group left off months before. If the first group isn't translating already, then they would continue to not translate. If they've not stopped translating, then it's a kick in the ass for them to realise they've been slacking off and if they want to keep doing the translation then they need to keep doing the translation.

Nobody's asking you to go to their site to read them, go to nelo or something, who cares? It is so arbitrary and self-destructive to limit yourself specifically to any one site and nowhere else for something like this. I really don't see why you think anybody should be forced to cater specifically to you.

tl;dr: You have selfish motives wanting him to spend his time doing these chapters, so you're trying to dissuade anybody from pointing out to him that these chapters are already done or find some resolution wherein anything productive gets done, simply because you have a hate boner for the other group's releases to the point that you apparently refuse to even read them on a pirate site.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
thanks for the chapter, I tend to skip all the cooking and the more... ahem... lewd scenes as I am honestly interested in only the MC, and seem that she is into girls I might just skip those scenes as well XD I just love how OP she is and her friends in the orphanage just saying, "she was always like this from the beginning" XD Seems like she will end up getting every skill imaginable unlike how normal people can because of her creation skill. XD kinda wish it was faster, but once I am able to read japanese more fluently then I will be able to read the raws so I can wait :) another thing I could do is use DeepL and just translate each individual word in order to translate the sentence personally so I can read it with no problems, but that is too much work XD. I am not fluent as I am still learning japanese, I am good enough to read basic stuff and know a decent amount of kanji. Most grammar I still don't fully know to be able to do it on my own XD

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hi @Eestri. Just wondering, did you end up dropping this project? It's been a few months and it seems AniGlitch has been continuing. But I really do hate having to go to their obnoxious website for it. They've got auto-playing audio of all things...It's hard for me to respect a group pulling stuff like that.

Anyway since your last post said you were intending to continue,just wondering if that's still the case and/or if you need help.

Users who are viewing this thread