Yoku Wakaranai Keredo Isekai ni Tensei Shiteita You Desu

I hate the whole boy gets reincarnated to a girl and so likes girls and is now yuri. But like not really since it has the lense of being a guy as a whole. So not actually yuri in my opinion and kind of gross in a way it sexualizes lesbians.😬

@lacorgi it makes sense tho. A woman who feels like a man trapped in a woman's body hence has a general preference of women too.

In this case, Mc takes it too literally and uses the metaphor to actually explain the situation of how a lesbian person may feel. I think it's cool and a very practical example to make dumb people understand gender.

@highchiman no yeah I get that so wouldn't it be more like in this circumstance they would be a trans man and not a girl at all?
So hence not yuri.

@lacorgi biologically at least she should be female

the validity of her orientation realistically, is probably unimportant to discuss

but how identities work and how it works here is something i'm not sure about

though the point of the story type is to live out the fantasy, and priveleges(lol) of being a little girl from an adult dude's perspective, so being a girl to the largest degree still is important i guess

Fed-Kun's army
What are you guys even saying? A straight male mind being put into a female body is still going to be interested in women. What doesn't make sense is when they have the character all of a sudden crave dick. That's what unrealistic about gender transformation manga. Gender, sex, and sexual orientation are all different. The gender of a person like in those manga would still be male even tho their sex is female. They might eventually start becoming more feminine to the point where they might start feeling like their gender is female also. But if they were straight they're not going to magically and suddenly want to fuck one of the male supporting characters. Body/gender swapping shouldn't affect your sexual orientation I wouldn't think. It's such an easy good setup for yuri manga too, but artists always go the hetero but gay route. Let's be honest who here would all of a sudden want to fuck a guy if you became a girl? I get that in hentai they sometimes use the excuse of having first experienced penetration and they wanted to feel more of it so they get some random oji-san, but why can't they just find a girl and have them use a strap-on/double dildo?

Why does it have yuri tag when it’s not yuri, none of the information section says that it’s yuri..

Fed-Kun's army
@CSmith327 I believe a soul is sexless and genderless. The body has a clearly defined sex (almost always), and the brain can have its own sex not tied to its dna, what we call the gender. Sometimes, they mismatch, unfortunately. This results in a transgendered person. I would not wish such a fate on anyone. Now, what I believe is happening in the MC's case, is that the body and brain are female, but the time lived as a man is about double that lived as a woman. And, since the mind, memories, and personality of the past life came rushing back to the forefront all at once, her current mind is essentially 2/3's male and 1/3 female. However I feel like that ratio will change as she obtains more experience, especially so if she finds an attractive young man who's actually nice to her. And I'm saying all this from my own personal experience as a transgendered person.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tiniuc I'd still say gender swapping (more accurately swapping sex not gender) isn't going to have you be attracted to the same sex as you were before the swap. If I was a straight guy and woke up as a girl like in these manga one day I wouldn't all of a sudden want a dick inside me. Having a different sex and body isn't going to make you have a different orientation. In real life nothing like that has ever happened but I'd still believe what I said would be the case; they'd still be interested in other girls. I haven't read this manga yet and was just checking out comments. I dunno maybe the character never even gets paired with anyone and the yuri tag is unnecessary. I still agree with what you say about souls tho

Fed-Kun's army
Now if you're bisexual like me it wouldn't really matter mostly, and it'd be more understandable. If genderswap stuff has the male character be gay or bi curious for guys somewhat before whatever transforms them it doesn't bother me as much. Boku Girl handled that pretty well, it was obvious the guy was gay for his friend but was in denial of it.

@highchiman Well yeah but it feels exploitative and like lazy writing to just explore it in this way.
Because like how someone had mentioned before the author can just wave away the MC acting more like a man than a girl and just using gender and sexuality as a prop.

Fed-Kun's army
@CSmith327 Fair points. I now consider myself bi, but before I transitioned I was definitely male straight. It felt very wrong, and I believe sexual attraction is more physiological than it is psychological. Otherwise, those evil 'conversion therapy camps' that try to 'fix' gay people would actually work.

Users who are viewing this thread