Yome Gaki ssu - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Why not just boob devil?
Because it doesn't fully carry the same meaning.
Also, the Japanese word that is more commonly associated with devils is "akuma", not "majin".

(TBH the word "majin" shouldn't be too unfamiliar for some anime/manga fans, since it's the same word being used in "Majin Buu" and "Majin Vegeta" from DBZ.)

Dex-chan lover
A good translation for "Daimajin" could potentially be "Archfiend", as the connotation is similar based on the TL notes. "Boob archfiend" has a nice ring to it, while still being sufficiently confusing to the uninitiated that it makes sense for Fuyushima to ask what it's about.

Anyway, thanks for the chapter!
Admittedly, this would've been an interesting translation.
Already better than just translating it as "devil".

Dex-chan lover
Because it doesn't fully carry the same meaning.
Also, the Japanese word that is more commonly associated with devils is "akuma", not "majin".

(TBH the word "majin" shouldn't be too unfamiliar for some anime/manga fans, since it's the same word being used in "Majin Buu" and "Majin Vegeta" from DBZ.)
Akuma is more of a demon thing tho. Even then, both demon and devil works well enough as a 'title' rather than literally a demon or devil. Especially in this context where we know who the subject is. If you really wanna keep the 'dai' then just translate it as 'great boob devil'

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me, or is the writing for Koutaro inconsistent? Dude has been actively frustrated with the situation, tolerating it only for the sake of his family, since the beginning. However, he keeps wanting to do and be better... for her. There's been almost no moments of chemistry between them and no introspection from him to imply that he genuinely likes her in any way, much less a romantic way, so I feel like some steps have been skipped for him to arrive at this conclusion of wanting to do right by her.
Yup

I love it when the tiddies are so big it even goes outside the panel

I don't get the yapping, why are yall reading this for the plot and not the PLOT
Because sadly not everyone's like you who is satisfied solely from the "PLOT". We need a good plot too to deem the story enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
Bro maid and butler characters always end up being the best character in a series.
So far, my ranking of WOULD goes like this: Maid > Pres > Yuzuhara-san > Mozu.
This is about right. Pres and the friend maybe same tier for me rn tho.

Users who are viewing this thread