Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - An Anti-Aging Training Method

I got a request. Lol, now many girls will feel the "side effect" of his magic, and asking for more.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal: That's actually because, not only Ghoul's in this series have high miscarriage rate (in the earlier months of pregnancy), but the pregnancy/fertility rate is also really low for them (that's why the women don't care about the Father of the child, and actually have sex with a lot of other male Ghouls in order to try and get pregnant).

So, in a way 1 in 5 is somewhat accurate, as the chance of a Ghoul woman getting pregnant is low, plus high miscarriage rate, and the fact that Ghoul's in general have a lifespan of around 300 years (normally in any story, species with long life-span have generally low birth-rate, unlike humans who have a smaller life-span).

@theowww:
MC uses a lot of different techniques while using the same base process of changing his had to spectral form, and then inserting them inside other peoples bodies. But no one really asks for more, even if they feel really good because its too much stimulation.
As for MC, he had only used the Age-Reversing process on 2 Ghoul's, one of which we see in this chapter, and the other one should debut in 3-5 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe inbreeding has made the ghoul tribe's fertility to be reduced.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme: As far as the series goes, the reason for the low fertility rate isn't inbreeding, but rather
the way their immune system works (in the case of the women), which identifies both the sperm or the developing embryo (in case of a successful conception) as a foreign object and tries to kill it (like how WBC try to fight and kill any bacteria, viruses, and germs that enter the body).

Also, how are Ghoul's breeding between themselves in-breeding?
If that's in-breeding, then even us Humans breeding between the same species is also in-breeding, isn't it.

@artistx: Well a lot of stuff happen in the story, which makes the concept of his aging something not really that important, even when ignoring his race (aka., Dhampir's) base age
("which is the highest of either parent's species life-span times 3"; and as a Dark Elf aka., MC's mother, in this series normally have a life span of around 1000 years, MC would actually have a normal life-span or around 3000 years while ignoring other factors; normal subordinate vampires like MC's father have a normal life-span of around a few hundred years in comparison).

Dex-chan lover
@Morose
Them breeding only within their village makes it in-breeding. Small gene pool. Humans tend to marry (and breed) outside their village, at the very least occasionally, while the ghouls can't.

Dex-chan lover
Finally Van will help the women get preggo by other men.

I really liked the light novel, and this manga has been a fun adaptation to it. I just wish they would be a little quicker on the releases. I need my Death mage fix.

I think this is around chapter 13 or so of the light novel.

Fed-Kun's army
@cor3zone from what I remember, there’s a few villages inside this swamp, with a little bit of interaction between them, so it’s not quite as bad as it seems

@itchylongthing the author is really weird. They’re also really into giant breasts, and nearly all of the women he meets that stay with him are on the opposite end of flat. Basdia is the first

Dex-chan lover
@LegitRikk
Not good enough, though. Humans are spread across the world, and occasionally migrate, thus crossing genes in a way wider pool. A few villages in a limited area still lead to inbreeding, especially if their fertility is as bad as this. Only the particularly fertile ghouls will pass on their genes, and given their long lifespan they could have a huge genetic family. Everyone would be cousins, practically.

I checked it, its chapter 14, thanks for the headsup though, now I have alot to read! The novel is at chapter 225 already!

@cor3zone Well the Gouls have another way of getting more diversification into their gene pool, and it's not a happy way. They kidnap women and turn them into Gouls.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Ferrenia
BuDsdVZ.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia

there's usually concerns about overpopulation when some medical advancement increases birth rate or lowers death rate like here. The thing that doesn't get mentioned as much is that that problem is temporary. Once something like that is introduced, the population usually would adjust to it's introduction in the coming generations, developing contraception and other such things to limit how often they get pregnant. In this case,
It's almost like the have natural contraception and the need to wear a device made by Van to keep the child so that lets them pick and choose how many they will have.

Users who are viewing this thread