Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Talea's Weapon

@jonsmth
'Okay, what would your rather label it as?'
Anything that doesn't end with an -ism or an -ist that's what. X-ism/ist is a derogatory word created by the left, and for the left. Anyone using 'their' words are just promoting the usage of slurs, it's basically not only an off-handed insult no matter the reason or intention, it's also a form of indirect propagation of 'their' way of life, along with their ideological,cultural and political values.
'but I thought that was the easiest/effective term to use to deliver the message.'
Clearly not enough, and your choice of word for label rubbed me the wrong way since anything with an -ist these days has 'their' politics tied to it. Blame the woke freaks for that.
''The key phrase is "Only a man can inherit a shop"''
If it's worded differently into "Only a woman can inherit a shop", would you react to it in a similar way, or is it a-ok and stay quiet since it's a woman instead of a man? It's just a phrase that's simply normal within the story's setting, in real life and even in this present day and present time, nothing more. Why some people see such phrases as a problem is an issue in and of itself.

@Miranox
'What I'm talking about is coherence and logic in writing.'
That's only a problem since the story in the manga is still in the early chapters of the novel. It slowly builds up and gets better as the story progresses, not some notion about the author making up the story as he goes after every few chapters at the time.

Fed-Kun's army
Reading this chapter without touching the other ones will make the trashiness all the more laughable.

Dex-chan lover
I'm disappointed in you all. 8 pages and nobody's commented on the potential "You're finally awake" meme panel.

@Swagner
Are you sure I actually said that? Last I checked I only said ''Only a liberal can call anything an -ismphobe''.
You only inserted a few interesting choice of words such as discrimination and rape right there to up the shock value. Brain damage my foot; Only a mental nutcase with a brain damage would even think of something slanderous.

I understand that some people hate seeing rapey-time.
I understand that some people are degenerates and are not disgusted by rapey-time.
But I don't understand how the latter group don't think that doing rapey-time 3 times over in just 22 chapters is lazy, shitty writing. For that matter, that's every sad female backstory in every mango ever. 0 creativity. In her case the father selling her didn't even make sense. Author has a rapey hammer, so everything looks like a rapey nail.

>"but they have low birthrate, they gott-"
stfu, that's just the author's excuse for more garbage, unimaginitive writing

>"You just want her to stay virgin so you ca-"
I couldn't care less, stfu, I just hate rapey-time, period. It gets my blood boiling and is vomit inducing. It's also shit writing in general

I think Talea’s story is really fucked and in all honestly I can’t understand her. After escaping from prostitution by literally stabbing someone (that was pretty awesome) so she could get her freedom she is then abducted, transformed, and treated like a slave being raped and told what to do. Then her skill in crafting is noticed and she gains respect because of her own skill (also awesome) but it’s not like someone treating another person like an equal and with respect simply because they are human (or ghoul in this case) she is treated as an equal because she has value. To me it seems like it’s simply because she is a valuable slave and it would be a shame if she stopped working.

Double-page supporter
Vandalieu's unpredictable. That's why he's reliable

What the fuck?

what is up with this author? im pretty sure every female character so far has been raped. what a freak

@chekage
She had to. If you were put in a fucked up situation then your mind does its best to ignore the bad and solely focus on the good. This is how stories of Stockholm syndrome start out afterall.

Dex-chan lover
@Tibanderstap: Considering the type of story and setting, it isn't that odd actually to see so much rape in the story (this is in a way more accurate to how reality is like, unlike other series which usually gloss over such stuff).
Like there are some who do it for enjoyment. While others do it for just the simple survival of their own race, all because they belong to a different race/religion and the Main religion of that world suppress them so they have no option.

I mean, rape was quite rampant in our world as well (especially during war time) be it using conflict as a reasoning or religion, before Anti-Rape laws were introduced.

By the way, the main religion of that world is the Alda Religion, which only accepts Humans, Elves and Dwarfs as rightful beings, and any other race belonging to the Vida Religion (which includes Ghoul, Vampire, Dark Elf, Arachne, Demons, Dragonewts, etc) or the Monsters (Kobolds, Goblins, Orcs, etc) are to be suppressed and hunted down, and they don't have right to live.

@chekage: 200+ years is a long time to change the mentality of a person, and there isn't really anything she could do anyway. Even if she ran away or tried to take revenge, she would just be targeted and hunted down. For her, considering the society she lived in, i would say that she actually took the best option possible for herself.

Users who are viewing this thread