Yopparai Touzoku, Dorei no Shoujo wo Kau - Ch. 16 - New Job

Dex-chan lover
It was so obviously a setup, I a m confused why he accepted the quest.

"oh, you got a mission to carry something valuable entirely alone to a destination~ And if you fail, lose/damage part of the parcel, or are too late, we will take ownership of your slave we randomly decided is collateral~ We won't tell you any details on the request, including how likely you are to be attacked and by who/what, and turns out the actual parcel is just some gold-coins. Precisely a good sum for if you were to pay compensation for a magician and some thugs to assault an adventurer of your rank, walking alone~"

Only question is if guild master was truly part of the "request", or if it was all that clerk. The fact he wasn't killed suggests she might have been.
old lady had dibs on Harris, I guess.

Group Leader
For someone who is said to have experience as a scout, he really took pretty bad decisions.

Holding that amount of money alone and not assuming that something could go astray, even if he believes the request came from the guild master, is just dumb.

The first thing he should have done after leaving the city was to go Rambo Goblin Mode and go through the wilderness, always looking for places to hide and waiting to check if there's someone on his trail.

But, 'nah'!: "Let's use the main road. I'm just an inconspicuous man traveling alone. What could possibly go wrong?"

10 minutes later.

"Whooops!" :wowee:

Dex-chan lover
but that is also why everyone thinks he is into kids and that her duties are solely about night-duties and some light home-making. They think he bought a child-wife.
...and funny enough they technically aren't that wrong. He just wants to wait until she is older ... or so he says to himself. I think he just nicer than he gives himself credit for.

Dex-chan lover
AND A CARRIAGE - A CARRIAGE!

THEY ARE NOT WRONG.
Well~~ that 10G not 1000G (But the gold is the gold anyway )
They at risk but look on the number still accaptable how many men and equipment they should use.

and this quest look fishy AF

Dex-chan lover
Fake currency ( aka paper bonds, government made-money ) were not made on the day because it has the risk of banks you know, FAKING MONEY.
Well, this is fantasy world right? There might be magical seal, stamp or something.

Heck. I read somewhere that banking already exist IRL in middle age with some secret marking or something. Cant confirm this though, and dont bother lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is fantasy world right? There might be magical seal, stamp or something.

Heck. I read somewhere that banking already exist IRL in middle age with some secret marking or something. Cant confirm this though, and dont bother lmao.
So, the way banking used to exist was that you had moneylenders and just generally rich merchants who you would leave sums with and get a scrip with their seal for the amount. To actually get the amount, though, like if a moneylender who wanted to cash out some scrip would want to do, it had to manually be moved. The scrip was only somewhat trusted between merchants and moneylenders, as well, since they could be faked much more easily than coin, and likely wouldn't be accepted if it came from too far away. They also took usurious fees for both issuing and paying out, so it really was not worthwhile except for the also-rich to do (which would also lend their own credibility to their transaction).

Dex-chan lover
Jokes aside I think it's because, compared to how Slaves are usually treated, he treats her very well and she makes sure to tell everyone in ear shot that. And with her decent clothes and things like the Earrings it's obvious too.
Yeah, definitely, just need to look at how she was when he bought her, hell, at this point she's a slave in name only, cause he definitely don't really treat her as a slave, she's more like a daughter-wife by now

Dex-chan lover
but that is also why everyone thinks he is into kids and that her duties are solely about night-duties and some light home-making. They think he bought a child-wife.
...and funny enough they technically aren't that wrong. He just wants to wait until she is older ... or so he says to himself. I think he just nicer than he gives himself credit for.
Harris isn't  cultured degenerate enough to do anything to Tiana yet, he's nicer than everyone gives him credit for.

I find funny is that they think he's a ladykiller, as far as they know dude bought a daughter-wife  and got a hot mage to boot, he's living the dream.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely was set up by the guild master or whoever ordered. There's no way they would know when he would leave and follow him to steal things, especially when he is going at it alone.

The gold coins ARE gone.

Also, how did we get to the near-worthless slave girl as collateral? It sounds like a leap.

Contributor
The gold coins ARE gone.

Also, how did we get to the near-worthless slave girl as collateral? It sounds like a leap.
She's no longer near-worthless since he started actually feeding her. And he doesn't have any other... property to speak of. Certainly not enough to be worth the 10 gold coins he was responsible for.

Anyway, I'm about 99% certain the quest giver set him up specifically so he could take her.

Users who are viewing this thread