Yoru ni Naru to Boku wa

Man first thing i thought of was death note but boi i was not wrong. Well except for the shoddy ending this was a fun read

Warning for those who haven't read the last chapter : SPOILER ALERT !!!! I repeat, SPOILER ALERT !!!!

You've all seen the message, all warned ? Good.

So, I just wanted to say : When at the end, in a last desperate move, the final villain asks for forgiveness, I just love the answer of the protagonist. It rimes with sledgehammer, and has a relation with the fate of watermelons.

Hope you understand.

Does that law really exist? If so, what the hell were they on? Protected regardless of the severity of their crime. There needs to be a point where you say they are beyond rehabilitation.

Dex-chan lover
@wnxsparkman yeah Japan laws be like that like in prison a girl for a month torture and rape her and most of them just got like 5 years in prison except for the leader.

Just search for Junko Furuta.

I understand the need for this law, cause like 99% of Juvenile crimes are just petty crimes anyway, but like they need to upgrade it where they can have special Juvenile cases, where they go and murder people, with enough severity of their crimes they can be tried as an adult pretty sure most countries have that clause in their Juvenile laws but not In Japan for some reason. Yeah most countries have this kinds of laws too but Japan is a bit special cause even if you are a serial killer that killed you’d be protected by the law as long as you are underaged (Kobe child murders)

a few deus ex machina (outside of his ability which is the whole plot, obviously) did happen and they stick like a sore thumb, making the ending itself not that big of a problem in comparison.

but at least it's not too boring (for a 3hr read... which probably is why it feels lacking -- it's simply too short).

the translations are great though!

read it all in one sitting! thanks for the amazing translations!

wish it was just a little longer though

This is a MASTERPIECE!!!
I noticed some people wrote that it was rushed at the end...NO IT WAS NOT! YES it could have been longer HOWEVER it was NOT a cliffhanger! It had it's conclusion and one I am satisfied with! I LOVE revenge stories where people actually go through with it and don't chicken out at the last second or have a change of heart or begin pitying the bully.

If you love revenge stories this is definitely for you! If you hate people getting justice then don't bother reading this and being a judgmental creature because the reality is some people are monsters and no amount of time will change them...if anything they will become worse.

It was okay I guess

If MC could kill people in their sleep there is no way the police would have made that connection. If they author wanted the police to catch on, his powers should have been limited to where he couldn't actually kill his targets in their sleep, but he used his powers to gain advantages but still technically traceable. Just giving the MC some OP skill and then giving the police BS skills to figure it out is kinda lame.

I would have ended this with him caught and going to jail but him using his powers to live "free" anyway.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

good thing it didn't do the death note because realistically it is impossible to find a killer without the dna and other evidences sure the authority could suspect someone did it but actually finding out the culprit is impossible

also the ending doesnt feel rushed when you compare it to stuff like bleach ending.

Finished this in like, 2 days? Yeah, didn't expect I was gonna read something that short but good. People are saying it's a "rushed death note" or whatever but I don't know, this was very fun to read, the MC may be stupid but I'm glad he isn't one of those protags that act based on their emotions ALL of the time.
The detective and the 3rd target's assistant was so hard to read at first and I couldn't tell which side they were on haha, very interesting characters I guess, probs not to everyone but oh well! Yeah it kinda bothered me that Wataru had such an OP skill, but having the police department know about it quick kinda balanced it out and made it harder on him (?) So I'd let it pass. This isn't the most original work but it's well-done, ending seems "lacking?" but satisfied anyways, love the art, and perhaps most of the plot. Very good read.

Users who are viewing this thread