Youjo Senki - Vol. 17 Ch. 48 - Open Sesame IV

Dex-chan lover
Somehow all of Tanya's enemies manage to both underestimate and overestimate her at the same time, all the time.

@Richman
Also, on page 40, is that another girl under Neumann? I thought it was only Tanya and Visha in the battalion, i wonder if she has a name and will be a little important later.
In LN pretty much whole battalion is faceless and genderless, though the lack of "female camaraderie" between Tanya, Serebrakova and anyone else in battalion pretty much implied that others are only men. LN writing is very poor really, and it's more about author wanking at liberal capitalism and a hate boner for communism to the point where he puts even Americans to shame.

Dex-chan lover
who needs ammo when you can just pick up a big fucking desk and yeet it to your enemies till they crash out of the window lol

Dex-chan lover
@Rugid how exactly is it any of those? sure tanya unreasonably hates communism, and the empire is said, but that doesn't mean it's "wanking at liberal capitalism" or a hate-boner for communism, in fact, capitalism isn't really mentioned in the books that I can remember, granted I finished them when they came out, so a while ago, but still, part of tanya's hate for communism is a statement on the effects of the cold war craze, (I'm guessing that anti-communist sentiment in japan was similar to how it was in the US)

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how they keep treating the fatherland as the villain when it has been fighting a defensive war all this time.

Edit: Another thing that is funny is the people trying to defend communism, a failed ideology that could never and will never work.

Serebryakova friend so mysterious, i hope we got her story in novel, she only show one time in anime to.
I know she was spy when Serebryakova tell Tanya about training new recruits

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan

Pretty common thing to do in wars generally.
Villifying the enemy makes your side more righteous, giving you a morale boost if nothing else, until the truth is proven or you're losing.

Double-page supporter
Apparently, her name is Erya. This is from chapter 3 page 28:

vitfjJY.png

Edit: There's also apparently a Wikia page on her. As of this posting, there aren't any spoilers that I'm aware of, but I'm sure it's possible that there could be at some point, so heads up.

Wow amazing chapter! 😍
Tanya cat face is so cute! Love it.
Also who is the snickering girl from O5? She is laughing at our big Heavy weapons guy.

Those who miss communism are nostalgic, those who want it back are idiots.

Group Leader
@redpandamaniacal I don't think Erya was a spy. It says a mole WITNESSED Erya and someone else exchanging information, not that she was the one exchanging information.

Double-page supporter
@Thelilwitch

I interpreted this as the mole seeing Erya and Visha talking. Erya presumably being the "intelligence officer of the imperial central army" that is talking to Visha and being observed by the mole. This would mean that the mole and thus the UK is aware of Erya being an intelligence officer. I mean, I don't think Visha is an intelligence officer, after all.

Could she be the 11th Goddess referenced in ch 9, plausible for her to be a shadow smoothing over some rough ends left in Tanya's wake, lol. Tanya does not seem to care about subtlety and espionage. Makes some of the misunderstandings on the Allied side understandable

Users who are viewing this thread