Youjo Senki - Vol. 17 Ch. 49 - Open Sesame V

I really appreciate the explanation of ranks.Thank you for that

Dex-chan lover
Secondly, what the fuck, Visha.
Weiss got smacked.
Yeah, looks like Visha didn't appreciate him implying that the Major was quite as blatantly dirty minded as to suspect her subordinates might forget women were present and start masturbating in their bunks.

Banned
Just a minor note: I don't think any British guy would ever say nor think "Sodding Bugger". ¬_¬ ... You can't just mix-n-match these things.

Anyway... too much pointless filler bullshit this chapter.
The pacing in this manga is kinda fucked, and it repeats itself too much through different mouthpieces.

Double-page supporter
did you try to entice me with ntr and netori? I shall take you up on your offer and regret it.

Edit: After reading the currently translated chapters it seems like your generic mc is weak so he is exiled and hates everyone for treating him bad because he was weak in an era where strength is respected. And based on the cover art he will eventually get some bs power up and gets revenge on his family who disrespected him. Also this is just a guess but the ntr and netori probably refer to him being removed as heir and being replaced with his brother or cousin and his fiance now being engaged to the person not him. not really a spoiler cuz it basically says that in the description and within the first 5 pages of the first chapter. Overall i was not that interested because it seems like a boring version of the generic revenge op mc plot. would not recommend but this is off the first chapter it might get better in the raws.

the changing point of views in the story is what makes it interesting. This is not just a story about tanya but also one involving different nations and people, and by reading how different people react to how events unfold makes the worldbuilding unique

if you just want to read op mc go brr, then there are thousands of the same shit out there waiting for you

@gregger
Ooooh, a situation where the Germans win WW1?
So far (in the manga) they've only defeated France. Besides, it's not really WW1, as we know it. Going by the novels, it seems that in that alternate world, Bismarck couldn't make peace with Austria after Königgrätz, resulting in Austria being destroyed and Hungary becoming independent. And since Germany's losses were always kinda Austria's fault...

I was wondering how isekai Hitler was going to appear.
I doubt he will.
Rommel gets to show up, though.
This whole series is basically saying "It's not that the Axis were worse than the Allies, it's just winners writing history".
For example, Tanya's arguments for firebombing civilians were almost exact quotes of the british "area bombardment plan". There're more such references later on in the novels, with the not-Germans committing warcrimes historically done by the Allies (and being condemned for it in the 60s plotline) and the not-Allies committing warcrimes the Germans did (and having historians either justify them as "unavoidable" after the war, or claim that they never happened and were just enemy propaganda).
The only way to bring Hitler into such a story would be to turn him into a transwoman of color depict him as a humane leader, understanding of pedophilia and opposed to genocide. And that'd be extreme even for Japan.

Double-page supporter
page 32: Visha added another kill to her Strange Professional Killstreak Shovel

Nice, it's Not!Churchill in charge. Albion will definitely win now.

A nice invasion at Gallipoli that did nothing but tie up multiple allied divisions for a piece of land the size of my pinky. And a re-invasion of the USSR with the shattered remains of the Wehrmacht.

His strategic skills are amazing. So much so the American and USSR leaders had to block him from military planning decisions, they were so terrified of how smart he was.

The guy's a genius I tells you.

Group Leader
So... Tanya&Co are gonna be used as Torpedos this time around?
Obvious foreshadowing is obvious, haha!

Dex-chan lover
Every time one of them says "United Kingdom" in full, let alone "United Kingdom of Albion", I make a resigned sigh...
It sounds so artificial. I don't know of any Brit that would waste time and effort on more than 3 syllables for the country name in a single session of dialogue.
"UK" is the most common. I'd imagine "UKA" would work in their version at a pinch. I'd imagine just saying "Albion" would be more likely.
Saying the whole thing out in full over and over again just makes them sound like robots.

Users who are viewing this thread