Your Highness, Don't Leave! I Will Lose Weight for You! - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
oh, the type who is always forgiven, even when he litteraly insult the MC, great -_-

Fed-Kun's army
huh??? also seeing little fatty brings back um um um memories and im gonna crack 🥴

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo
Wouldn't be surprised if it's something that technically means little fatty, but while rude isn't as insulting as it seems to be in English? Chinese can be weird like that sometimes I think.

Dex-chan lover
@GoblinGuy
English or Chinesse aren't the problem, he call her litle fatty and she clarly not like it then pat her head and he was forgiven

Dex-chan lover
at what point are we ment to start liking this dude? he's just so unlikable and has been nothing but an asshole to MC this whole time, even now he starts calling her fatty like why now of all times? does he think it's endearing?

Dex-chan lover
@Kingdo

it's all about the puns. All these comedy toons love using word play but translators usually find they can't translate the joke well because they got to recognize the pun and that can be hard to do. Then you got to somehow transfer the chinese pun to english.... that can be quite difficult as every language has nuances about it.

I'd bet the word in chinese for litty fatty means something else as well or is quite close in pronunciation to something else. So he probably meant something that was super respectful and endearing but since the word sounds similar to a disrepestful word... It's comedy.

So the ice covering ML’s heart is melting. But it reveals a permafrost of yandere?

Calling somebody fatty can be endearing yes.. In Chinese it's possible yes.. But tbh definitely not immediately after changing to first names basis. But fl is smitten so whatever

I'm guessing he just called her "Fei Fei" because her name is "Han Fei". Unfortunately, depending on the intonation, "fei fei" is "fatty".

Xiao Fei would have been cute if not for the connotation which if following Mandarin would be pretty rude. lol
In Cantonese it could be endearing nickname but if I remember to correctly, Mandarin would use to word "pang" instead when referring to people being plump.

Users who are viewing this thread