Your True Color - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Just us two

alright i'm a little sad we got denied a smooch, but at least it's for showcasing character development, especially on Ito's side; from chapter 1 rejecting the idea of Sumika being anything but perfect to here, embracing her (if maybe a bit too much, what with the 'only show this side to me' bit). Here's hoping they have a delightful time at the beach with no unexpected drama.

Dex-chan lover
That was close... I nearly kissed you with garlic breath
Jokes on you, the girls on
Suito-To
kissed for the first time after eating some garlic heavy food.

i was about to say this is somehow a light chapter and that Ito is finally opening up until i reached the last few pages..xD
she keeps running around the circle,hufff..

thank you so much for the update..

Wah! I don't think Ito will just like that peacefully fall in love with her though...
Code:
[center]
!!Warning!!
!!Roundabout-drama-way ahead!!
[/center]

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually kinda disappointed that Ito is still going on about her idolized Sumika thinking "the Sumika that I like this" and "the Sumika that I like that", cause I thought we'd moved past that nonsense already.

It's also really weird to see her complain that Sumika is 'weak', it felt pretty bitchy despite the fact I think the author meant for that scene to be sweet cause she says "don't show this to anyone but me", meaning she accepts her weakness. But, like, it's still weird to see Ito essentially insult Sumika like some kind of cartoony villain.

This chapter felt like two steps forward, one step back. It's still progress though, so I guess I can't complain too much. Hopefully the beach date will be relatively drama free, it won't be 100% cause this manga is filled with drama, but hopefully like 80% at least lol.

So, what do you guys think about Sumika's uncle? She said "his partner", this could just be the translation, but that gives some pretty big gay connotations, which I would very much like to see (the gay uncle taking care of his lesbian niece in place of her awful mother, I dig it). And it could give him some nice supporting moments.

Dex-chan lover
@SPHR-12 99% sure he's gay. Not just cause she said "partner", but cause with hetero couples it's usually (not always, but usually) the woman who goes to live in the man's place, not the other way around. So if he's straight they're a pretty unusual couple (not that there's anything wrong with that), but it's more likely he's gay IMO.

Dex-chan lover
The god damn credits scenes lol

I hope you are not joking with my heart, knight heron, I’m waiting for that kiss in the
god knows what
chapter...

Fed-Kun's army
I am so greatfull I'm able to read this again, this is so much fun!
Thank you so much for the chapter!!
Can't wait to read the next one 💖💖💖💖💖

Dex-chan lover
Ffsk... when will Ito drop this damn Idol obsession and cared more for the fragile girl in front of her than her ideal Sumika? Im seriously annoyed for while with her.
It seems like she does care but at any time she still goes "Ah this isnt the Sumika i like"... well wake up already, theres only one real Sumika.

Users who are viewing this thread