Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Yugami-kun Doesn't Remember

Dex-chan lover
Yugami reminds me of me a little bit - he's trying to act fairly, but his internal code of ethics is a bit skewed to general societal consensus (he's an anarcho-capitalist in a social democratic society), so his courtesy becomes insult. However, he's so stubborn he can't adjust, which is a bit tragic.

Dex-chan lover
Wow.. even coming from vol 10, you can see he takes care of people; just in his own way that doesn't conform to the general social etiquettes.

Dex-chan lover
Eating in a Specific Order During a Meal - SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS IN JAPAN.

@frubam
you can see he takes care of people; just in his own way that doesn't conform to the general social etiquettes.

But that's the problem. Outside Japan, that's just a faux pas that is generally overlooked. INSIDE Japan... that's an unwritten law you're breaking.
The best description I've seen is from a Japanese ex-pat living in America: "Rules are used as excuses."

I have no idea how they'll redeem Yugami's personality to make him likeable (it's obvious they'll try to do that), but right now I would definitely give up on talking to him

Dex-chan lover
Friend isn't a word as people make it out to be. Your ideology in not wasting your brain capacity is correct but your definition of friendship is not.

Aggregator gang
I don't know why, but somehow I can't stop laughing for 5 minutes because of the umeboshi white rice bento at the end of the chapter....

Man it hurts to see this, I was the kind of person that didn't know when to close their mouth, too. The only difference is I regret being so annoying to my peers.

Aggregator gang
Wow, the mangaka did such a good job with Yugami. There are tons of manga characters who everyone says operate on a different wavelength but really just have one or two quirks or are straight-up aliens. Everything this guy does from his words to his expressions just feels slightly off.

Dex-chan lover
I started rolling when it turned out he wasn't talking about the pitcher

Fun facts: 湯神 yugami means hot water god, and 日の丸 hinomaru bento means rising sun bento (because it looks like the Japanese flag). Yugami can also be written as 歪み, which means distorted. The word play is top notch

Users who are viewing this thread