Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai - Vol. 12 Ch. 59 - Yugami-kun Has to Accompany

VIP
yugami is just too satisfied at being loner...

my alone time is also usually used for me to visit historical site doing exactly like yugami do.

Aggregator gang
lol
The Yugami-kun who doesn't care about anyone, laughed and thought Chihiro was funny xD

@raifive, that's actually a mistake for what it's worth. He calls her "Suzu-neechan" in the JP text. They're cousins that share the same last name so it's nothing out of the ordinary to see him calling her by name.

Double-page supporter
I swear to God.. She is getting more and more precious as the story goes on. Seeing her smiling lighten up my day.

UE3gwdj.png

But yeah.. As much as I love for being alone and enjoy it with doing stuff that I liked, living without any other people inside my house still left me sad. I guess I'm still a human after all, thank God.

@sardonic I see, but won't that still be the first time we see yugami called any girl with her name in this series, since he usually called anyone with "you" or didn't at all.

the only other time I could find him said (not called) another girl's name is when he was about to reject rio.

then again, I don't know if the original japanese text was written as the girl's name or just something like "omae", I can't read japanese.

@raifive I mean, he calls Yuuko by her name all the time. I don't see how Suzune's case is any different; they're both family.

Yugami actually does refer to Kuzumi and Momose (by their last names) throughout the story even if it's not when he's talking to them directly. The only one who really gets the "you" treatment from Yugami is Chihiro.

wow, at least they aren't on the internet all day. that's what i like to do alone all day lol. well you can pretty much do anything on the internet nowadays

Dex-chan lover
wow, at least they aren't on the internet all day. that's what i like to do alone all day lol. well you can pretty much do anything on the internet nowadays

Except find true love.

Those Russian mail order brides are too expensive even when you look at the amputee options. I mean what am I, some kind of oil baron?

He wants to chase his cousin, but he can't help taking the cat away from her who is allergic !
He's so cute despite everything ^^

Dex-chan lover
@d3ban I disagree. Actually, everything Chihiro does to "help" Yugami is just for her self-satisfaction.

Actually, a lot of people around Yugami are busybodies who should just mind their own business. They see him as someone who's necessarily unhappy, because he doesn't have friends and is self-reliant. It doesn't fit with the Japanese ideal that you can only thrive in groups. Actually, they are all trying, including Chihiro, to make themselves feel good and try to reinforce that this ideal is the only way to go.

He enjoys looking at castles for hours and imagine history, alone. Everyone else around him find it boring. So what? He doesn't have to comply to their demands to conform. He doesn't ask, or even need, their compassion or help.

Most people around him are just hindering him and are just only stopping short of bullying him because he's different.

I think this is the message from this manga: Yugami didn't change at all from chapter 1, despite all the efforts from the people with "good intentions". But he changed them and without even trying, helped them mature.
I disagree you overcomplicating it Chihiro is just trying to not cause friction. She knows his quirks and how he will act/react, but she doesn't understand why he has those quirks. She interrupts Yugami not for his benefit or her feeling but for the feelings of Yugami's cousin.

Yugami has changed in this manga not fundamentally or a lot but he has changed. He went from not caring about any of his classmates at all to caring about Chihiro a little. Just a few chapters ago he was "healed" by Chihiro and throughout the manga he has given Chihiro tips and advise.

Bullying is when one or more people treat someone horribly for no justifiable reason. Literally no character has done anything to Yugami that could be called bullying. Most characters ignore him a few characters treat him almost exclusively with annoyance and some characters flip between treating him with annoyance, understanding and patience. No one truly understands him so of course no treats him in the exact way he truly wants to be treated. Is that bullying, NO.

Users who are viewing this thread