Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

I see I was correct in assuming the brainlets thought that it ended without any closure in his relationship with Chihiro. What was displayed was the most positive Yugami ending that stays inline with his character. Brashly conservative, especially with Chihiro now

Dex-chan lover
I think this last line of, "Well, not as friends, but... Let's go together." means Yugami sees her as more than a friend.

Certainly one of the best manga I've read in a while, and I'm sad we've reached the end. Goodbye, Yugami, I'll miss you.

Dex-chan lover
10 out of fucking 10
Great from beginning to end with two of the most awesome main protagonists

FINALLY
I waited 81 chapters for this guy to
develop ANYTHING close to romantic feelings for Chihiro and I'm satisfied with this.
I'll miss the bizarrely uplifting adventures!

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the best slice of life I've ever read...

Thanks for the scans! There was a point that I forgot the existence of this manga but thanks to you guys I have finished reading this hidden gem of a manga...

Dex-chan lover
To those who are curious about this manga.

JUST READ IT.
And come back when you're done so that we can talk about it together :D

Okay, first and foremost, thank you so much Träumerei Scans for scanlating this fully through! I think I can speak for most readers when I say this, but your hard work was greatly appreciated! Now, as for my review on the actual story: I see that a lot of people full-heartedly enjoyed this manga—which is great!—but personally I feel this manga kind of has an acquired taste. About halfway through Yugami-kun, I was seriously close to dropping it because the pacing and development felt like it had plateaued. While I think from beginning to end the story is worth the read, I can definitely see why it might not be everyone's cup of tea!
(Especially if you're hoping for a drastic change in Yugami's character or a blatant romantic plot of any kind hahah).

This is the best Slice of Life manga I've read, Thank you Sakura Jun Sensei and Scanslators for making this series exist and available to me.

Ah, It's the end... And this is such a masterpiece... Mha hart, mah sole...

I normally don’t like the idea of giving something a 10/10, but reading this manga almost makes me want to reconsider.

It’s rare to see a serialized manga so consistent in its storytelling and quality, so natural in its development AND end so gracefully. Most serialized manga can count their lucky stars if they got even one of those down.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, even though it isn't said flat-out, I think the end should be read as a romantic end.

"Maybe not as friends, but let's go together." Yugami doesn't have any friends but he's got a significant other.

"What a coincidence" indeed, when he was waiting for her to come home. I thought Yugami was always honest?

Looking at the rating statistics really makes you realize how the ending can make a good manga feel great, or a great manga feel very bad.
Very happy with this ending, Yugami stays in character but still manages to give us what we wanted, it doesn't let you feel bittersweet, it's not rushed, you can actually feel the ending... the good way to end a good serie.

This is one of the best sol i have ever read.
The second half of this manga is definitely the one of the best across all genre!! (its too good after ch 55+, 57-58,62,69,78-81, these are just perfection )!!
About the first half or so, cant complain much because
1. It is actually quite good, some people might get irritated but i was not one among them!!
2. It sets the tone for the later half, although i realize that many people may drop this hidden gem in the first half itself!!

Users who are viewing this thread