Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai

Dex-chan lover
@Thoxi1026 There'd definitely a subtle character progression to Yugami throughout the series. One, he openly admitted to the possibility of friendship, albeit in the unlikely scenario of encountering aliens, which directly challenges his original philosophy that rejects the concept of friendship completely. Two, despite Yugami's denial, his continued interactions with Chihiro– particularly the effort he put into setting up those meetups– is at the very least what you'd expect of friends, even if you reject the even subtler romantic intimation.

And the same could be said of other characters. The brilliance of this series lies in the fact that its characters change and mature within their own capacities while remaining true to their core personalities (as is often the case in real life). Yugami is at his core, a talented but unsociable, and stubborn individual, and that's not going to change. However, he does learn to gauge the optimal modes of interaction with everyone else, to the extent that you'd notice there's far fewer unnecessary confrontations like the ones he initiated at the beginning of the manga.

@tblst I was definitely influenced after binging relife, I wanted to tear up a bit, have a huge grin on my face, etc. But this didn’t have that, which I was definitely disappointed at, but after thinking about it, those might’ve just felt out of place here.

Double-page supporter
@Nory-chan993 I recommend visiting the r/Yugami subreddit to find translated versions of comic and search under its flair. Not all fancomics are translated but a lot of them are here

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Yugami/

Aggregator gang
i love this manga so much, my personal comfort manga, it feels so simple but complex but wholesome but mysterious all at the same time because of the different characters and how their personalities interact. 10/10

Dex-chan lover
Another re-read and it's still one of my favourite mangas. I love them so much.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to read it for the 4th time
1688932860-nijika-18.png

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Imagine making a comic about a guy who gets on everyones nerves with his antics. Couldn't make it past chapter 3 with this autist.

Users who are viewing this thread