Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Double-page supporter
I wouldnt be too surprised if this got the axe cause a lot of people will continue to drop this if it keeps going like this. The MC is just taking a heap of verbal abuse from everyone and not telling them to keep out of his business like bro if he doesnt try to stick up for himself im dropping this!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the TL! Though imo, the names could be improved, somewhat? Remind me who's "Bou"-senpai again.

Also kinda furious how... roundabout they all are. Especially Natsukawa. At least, show something what Natsukawa is thinking of. Why is she approaching MC just to be silent beside him? Damn.

Group Leader
anime for this got announced, wonder how far its gonna go, coz looking at this, its like only half way through normal animes, like epi 6

Dex-chan lover
Is there a single character in this manga who is a complete piece of shit? And why does the author keep justifying them acting like this, they made the characters such garbage and yet doesn't seem to realise how awful these people are.

Dex-chan lover
At least there's some kind of resolution to the issue with the sister. I'm starting to get confused as to why the people are so weirded out because he gave up, specially the sister which was there. I know he was behind Natsukawa for years, but it's that rare to call it quits?
It's more rare to not call it quits after chasing for many years yet getting shut down on every attempt

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's good that Kaede is actually capable of feeling guilt, but I’m reminded of a line from a KH game here: "Excuse me? It's a little late to grow a conscience, witch. Last I checked, YOU'RE the one who got him into this mess.” Well, one of the people anyway.

Like, she's had her head so far up her own ass all this time that she hasn't realized just how poorly she's treated him? It's not like she is incapable of being empathetic or showing compassion; that's why the ikeman student council prez likes her apparently. And even when she does finally self-reflect on her bad behavior, rather than reach out to her brother to apologize and make amends, she avoids him like a coward.

Sure, it could be argued that she rightfully feels ashamed and doesn’t know how to approach him now that her pride and ego have been damaged, but I also don’t think it is right that he has to be the one to take the initiative to resolve things with her. Prez may have good intentions, but I think they are ultimately self-serving and come from a place of sympathy for Kaede, and less out of concern for the MC. I’m also disappointed that the MC didn’t tell her to stop acting like a stuck-up bitch at home, but his perspective seems to be that any change he forces/guilts her into making wouldn’t be genuine or sincere.

Oh, and what chapter would be complete without Natsukawa showing up to make an ass out of herself for the umpteenth time? I wish her friend would tell her to cut the crap or else she’s never going to win the MC back…but then we couldn’t drag this out for who knows how many more chapters/volumes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So remind me again, why are we supposed to be rooting for MC and FMC to get together? She's still a giant toxic red flag and keeps doin things to the MC that just straight up look like harrassment. She wants to be with him but won't tell him her true feelings in any way while also dunking on him constantly and then keeps being suprised he's avoiding her or being non-plused about it all.

He seriously asked her out and she rejected him, what did she think was gonna happen? I've said this in other chapters too and the fact she knew he was being serious makes it so much worse. MC deserves a better partner and family for that matter.

Now onto the whole sister and mom thing, They are scum it's not playful sibling rivalry/teasing it's full blown mental abuse to have half your family constantly tell you degrading things. Anyone that thinks its just playful has never been in that situation to know how bad it really is. The sister asking to change was a good start but MC is so broken at this point he doesn't want her to change for the better cause he doesn't see it as natural.... Thats like super messed up that he's that broken and for me the family is iredeemable scum at this point as is FMC.

Is there a single character in this manga who is a complete piece of shit? And why does the author keep justifying them acting like this, they made the characters such garbage and yet doesn't seem to realise how awful these people are.
Nah, everyone is your average joe. And I also don't know why he made everyone lead the mc by the nose, maybe a pushover is easy to take advantage of

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hope this is not how the family arc ends. Im sorry but yes sis you are a piece of shit for verbally abusing the mc for years and years. I have a sibling and like a person in this forum said, theres a difference between sibling banter and actual toxicity. If my own family kept spitting in my face and saying repeatedly that i was a good for nothing human being i would run away from home.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Maybe, we're supposed to be rooting for his kouhai, whom he mistook for a college student. Their interaction is so wholesome
I honestly think any of the female characters would be better, so yes I agree lol But the mangaka is clearly wanting us to root for the MC/FMC combo for some reason.

Dex-chan lover
I'll keep reading this manga the same way I would watch a train wreck or a natural disaster.

I could go on a rant saying what the MC should do... But this pretty much sums it up.

The sad thing is, the FMC truly doesn't care about the MC. She's just upset that he is acting differently and it bothers her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
you can talk shit, but you can't verbally abuse. when siblings badmouth each other, when they want to annoy one another or just for fun, is different from throwing abuses for no reason. Both she and their mother would frequently badmouth him for no reason, daily. Saying "you aren't capable", "you're ugly" etc. That just isn't the same as siblings "having fun". Yes, I have a sibling.
Sadly that how some people are. Some siblings will treat you like garbage one day and then be a shoulder to cry on the next. There is a difference between liking your sibling and not loving your sibling and not caring when they get there heart ripped out by some bitch. So yeah, it's not to far of a stretch that the MC's sister would be upset and worried that her brother's attitude suddenly changed overnight and seems to be in a deep funk. You don't have to be a good caring sweet loving sister to notice that something is wrong with your sibling, that just means your human. And yes, I have two siblings.

Users who are viewing this thread