Yumemiru Danshi wa Genjitsushugisha - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Supporter
Will it's not basically a drama on the ch28, just some old wounds. Somehow I still want Wataru to join ether Student president or disciplinary committee. Shinomiya senpai will be interacting more with him that way. Or at least so he can end up with Ashida somehow. I swear this two are best choices for the MC
Following the events of the eighth LN, Wataru has actually taken out paperwork to join the student council but has not yet actually filed.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually sympathetic to her at this point. She realized her mistakes several months back and, in that rooftop argument, understood that he wouldn't accept her correcting her own behavior to start making things right, so she decided on this path of nudging the people around her to achieve the same objectives.
Alright, I'll give her benefit of the doubt. Assuming she does recognize her behavior led to the current situation and that she believes he wouldn't readily accept an attempt on her part to change said behavior, her choice to continue the abuse, albeit with some token gestures of getting other people to maybe make him feel better about it, removes any sympathy I would have for her so-called change of heart.

You don't put out a fire by pouring smaller amounts of gasoline on it. You don't address abuse with slightly less abuse. He didn't accept her change of behavior? Because she hasn't actually changed, she just feels guilty. If she wanted him to accept her corrected behavior, correct her behavior until he believes it.

Is it going to be difficult? Awkward? Painful even? Yes. You don't ask for forgiveness, you earn it.

/rant

Group Leader
Alright, I'll give her benefit of the doubt. Assuming she does recognize her behavior led to the current situation and that she believes he wouldn't readily accept an attempt on her part to change said behavior, her choice to continue the abuse, albeit with some token gestures of getting other people to maybe make him feel better about it, removes any sympathy I would have for her so-called change of heart.

You don't put out a fire by pouring smaller amounts of gasoline on it. You don't address abuse with slightly less abuse. He didn't accept her change of behavior? Because she hasn't actually changed, she just feels guilty. If she wanted him to accept her corrected behavior, correct her behavior until he believes it.

Is it going to be difficult? Awkward? Painful even? Yes. You don't ask for forgiveness, you earn it.

/rant
according to past chapters, isn't it because Wataru wanted her sister to act "as usual" towards him (aka as she did in the past)? iirc Wataru refused to accept his sister being nice to him as in order to "make up for what she did in the past"?
imo, Kaede's just (trying to) be her usual self, being pushy, authoritative (as Wataru 'demanded') while looking out for him from afar since that's the only thing she could do

Thank you for the Translation. The Dubai Guy May have failed His exams as IT seems.

Dex-chan lover
according to past chapters, isn't it because Wataru wanted her sister to act "as usual" towards him (aka as she did in the past)? iirc Wataru refused to accept his sister being nice to him as in order to "make up for what she did in the past"?
imo, Kaede's just (trying to) be her usual self, being pushy, authoritative (as Wataru 'demanded') while looking out for him from afar since that's the only thing she could do
According to past chapters, Wataru was coerced into meeting his sister under false pretenses by her (potentially good intentioned) harem leaving him pressured to "fix things with her" on their account. He gave her a chance to be kind to him and she choked on it (she wasn't ready for the conversation, I'll give her a sliver of credit for that) before thoroughly hanging herself on the rope of "normalcy" he handed her, reinforcing every awful thing she and her mother had ever said to him in the process.

He didn't want her to treat him like usual. He was tired of hoping things would change and wanted to appease her harem to leave him alone. Would she have salvaged that mess of an encounter? We'll never know because Natsukawa dragged him away to make him feel even worse.

The only thing she's done since then is pester him into more work, treat him like crap when he passed out from exhaustion and illness, and complain to her harem leading them to also bother him more.

Dex-chan lover
Push and pull, sometimes you gotta pull to make them realize what they're missing out. But sometimes, it's also for the best to know when something's not working out and not be a pain in the ass for the other party.

Group Leader

/rant
Real bro, people always say treat me the same way in a sense like; "don't give me unresolved fake crap". If you want to prove that you have changed you CAN'T be the same was you were, you must push through awkwardness and show that you can be consistent in your new way, this is called honesty.

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what even is this manga about

I don't think the author does either

Dex-chan lover
glad to see Kuroh will be translating more chapters over the winter
the translation quality is very good

Dex-chan lover
God I just hate FMC where was all this affection at the start? Now that he's getting attention from other girls you're finally interested? Worst type of character

Supporter
God I just hate FMC where was all this affection at the start? Now that he's getting attention from other girls you're finally interested? Worst type of character
Keep in mind when analyzing Aika that she's just now beginning to confront and process her feelings toward Wataru. To this point, she hadn't the bandwidth to deal with her home situation  and experience the sort of normal psychosocial development that would lead her to recognize romantic attraction (either in others or herself).

Even at this point, she couldn't put into words why she moves reflexively to keep other girls away from him, why she worries as much about his well-being as she does her precious sister's or why she feels so much more at peace with him than without him.

She's getting reeeeeeeally close, though...

Dex-chan lover
Keep in mind when analyzing Aika that she's just now beginning to confront and process her feelings toward Wataru. To this point, she hadn't the bandwidth to deal with her home situation  and experience the sort of normal psychosocial development that would lead her to recognize romantic attraction (either in others or herself).

Even at this point, she couldn't put into words why she moves reflexively to keep other girls away from him, why she worries as much about his well-being as she does her precious sister's or why she feels so much more at peace with him than without him.

I think your assessment is mostly accurate; however, it is only part of the larger picture. Aika's biggest issues are: her inability/unwillingness to introspect, rather than blindly following her emotions, as well as only viewing things from her own perspective. She comes across as being very self-absorbed, or even solipsistic.

This is exacerbated by the fact that she keeps interfering in his life, often in a very rude and sometimes violent manner, attempting to sabotage even the most passing of female acquaintances he makes. She is constantly throwing out mixed signals and confusing the hell out of the poor guy because she refuses to get her shit together. It's gotten to the point that even her best friend, Kei (whom treats her with kid gloves and is an ass to the MC at times as well), feels compelled to step-in and stop her from fucking things up any further.

And that is before you factor in all the bullshit the MC has to deal with on top of Natsukawa's antics: his abusive mother and older sister, said sister's weaksauce attempts at reconciliation, and her dragging him into the student council because apparently Little Miss Perfect and her harem of simps can't handle their responsibilities nor go about recruiting more members properly. Sure, that last part isn't Natsukawa's fault, but she isn't making things any better for him now, is she?

Last edited:
Feel a little bit sad for the mc
First panels of page 7
The fact that his standing there is considered his fault

Dex-chan lover

Idc how you want to frame it, I understand not wanting to be harassed even if it's by someone you may have feelings for (unbeknownst to even yourself)

But once a ship has sailed you can't be mad you didn't get on board. He genuinely asked her out something even she admitted she said no from that point on she should have no say in his affairs. It's unfair to him especially since by all accounts he is being fair to her.

Supporter
Idc how you want to frame it, I understand not wanting to be harassed even if it's by someone you may have feelings for (unbeknownst to even yourself)

But once a ship has sailed you can't be mad you didn't get on board. He genuinely asked her out something even she admitted she said no from that point on she should have no say in his affairs. It's unfair to him especially since by all accounts he is being fair to her.
Oh, she's absolutely being unfair to him and she will eventually come to terms with that, even if she doesn't exactly stop.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up and for doing a very great job so far.
No offense to NOX who picked this up after AGNI, I mean NOX made sure that the translation work was made right and how it should be (I remember how it was before that) but I would say that Kuroh's work is so far the best on this title yet.

Contributor
All these things happening lately are lighting fires under people's asses and it's great to see. Aika is doing way more chasing of him now, but she's still sorely lacking in development (especially for the verbal side). She will not win anything until she learns to be honest with herself and with him. Her painful tsundere act has long, long overstayed its welcome.

Bruh, the training for black companies begin as early as high school. Future peons being trained to work obediently under unreasonable bosses. Japan's infamous work culture strikes again.

At this point, Wataru's popular with everyone. Popular with the discipline committee, popular with the student council, heck he's even technically popular in class with everyone (except for Takaaki I guess) amused at watching Aika's antics with him . Even the fujoshi are squealing over him being called over the PA by the popular SC prez. He's certainly no unpopular outcast, that's for sure.

Takuto from his sister's reverse harem is a hoot. So the guy is a closet pervert masochist...

What the hell was PAGE 21 , is that Glasses guy really went to bathroom for the purpose I think he did ? And Sajou how can you talk about your sister like that to a acquaintance at best, is this normal in Japan !?? , Well I Loughed at that, but I am a single child so I am safe 🙂
Hes teasing him cause he can tell the guys into his sister

Users who are viewing this thread