Yumenashi-sensei no Shinroshidou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Aspiration: Train Engineer Part 3

Dex-chan lover
This is one hell of a manga. It's cool to see different meanings to 'giving up one's dream'. It really ties in the message from the last arc: you choose what you give up. Where the first gave up their dream in their entirety, this man gave up his 'dream of driving a train in for a major company' and turned it into the 'dream of driving a train'.

I'm pretty young but I'm at that point where I'm wondering if I should switch my careers and this manga just hits hard.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty nice ending for this arc, though I do wish we saw more of the father before this chapter. It's mentioned during the counseling session in chapter 3 that the main reason he chose for a major railway company is to appease his dad who wants him to get a stable job, but we don't really get any scenes where his father directly tells him any of that. It makes him standing up to his father here feel not as impactful as it could be, in my opinion at least lol.

Dex-chan lover
This hits hard. It's nice to see other results from the sensei's guidance counselling. Looking forward for the next arc!

Supporter
Pretty nice ending for this arc, though I do wish we saw more of the father before this chapter. It's mentioned during the counseling session in chapter 3 that the main reason he chose for a major railway company is to appease his dad who wants him to get a stable job, but we don't really get any scenes where his father directly tells him any of that. It makes him standing up to his father here feel not as impactful as it could be, in my opinion at least lol.
The author probably thought every japanese reader will naturally understand the father figure (because it fits a lot of households) and didn't explore it further due to that

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. This was good. Really should check out more from the author.

Connurr, as always, thanks for the good work.

Group Leader
Holy shit. This was good. Really should check out more from the author.

Connurr, as always, thanks for the good work.
No problem, I'm glad I can bring this series to people.

Also, maybe just check out Gunjou Senki... Libidors is... not great.

Dex-chan lover
No problem, I'm glad I can bring this series to people.

Also, maybe just check out Gunjou Senki... Libidors is... not great.
Bullshit this is from the guy who made Libidors???? The manga about sex powers? 🤣 That's unexpected lol.

Dex-chan lover
Good ending :meguu::02::bocchiwave::glee:. Excited for the next arc. Hope they look at this from another perspective

Users who are viewing this thread