Yumeochi: Dreaming of Falling For You - Ch. 14 - Do you know the Butterfly Effect?

MD@Home
IMG-20230506-221624.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I thought it wouldn't matter stuff like the "Butterfly Effect" for something like reliving old memories in a dream. Nothing is gonna change in the main world for anything they do there.
At most, it will only change the state of relationships these people have in the present time.

Dex-chan lover
I get that I shouldn't think so deeply about this, but how does the fact that they lived their lives a bit different in the span of what I suppose is less then a month change the lottery numbers? You can't just say "butterfly effect" and be done with it, for that to work there needs to be a chain of effects that leads to that happening

As I said I'm probably thinking way too deep into this and maybe you can just say that the one who is in charge of randomizing the numbers saw the femc in the dream and thought she was hot so he went to work 2 seconds later and therefore the numbers were randomized differently or something stupid like that, but then why were half of the numbers the same? That's not how randomization works

Eh whatever it's fine

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
:thonk: Didn't they say it was a replica of their time in the past. How is the butterfly effect supposed to work here ?

Dex-chan lover
The translation seems to miss it.
In the last page, it's announcement for test result. Tsutomu scored the top.

Them not being able to win lottery is just lazy plot convenience.
Why does the author even bother making it a dream, instead of time travel?
I like that it's a dream though. It gives different direction to go compared to typical time travel story.

Right now, we mostly seen them in their high school dream.
But if the earlier chapters with Tsutomu and Ageha is where Kitada wants to bring it...

In real time travel story, the future will change according to what they do. They would grow into a different person, probably not repeat their past mistakes. They probably would be having different job, and more friends. But because this is just a dream, all their past missteps are not undone. The non-dreamer friends they made in dream also won't be their friend in the present.

With the dream rather than time travel story, they can't change their past, but they can choose a better future.

Like Ageha finding courage to quit her job, because her taking bold step in dream gives her confidence she can do it, and she can take what's coming. Before that, she's caught up in being too afraid of consequences if she failed.

The new person is just a pair of legs w/ spats.
Those are probably the skirt's shadow rather than leggings :)

Last edited:
Supporter
Those are probably the skirt's shadow rather than leggings :)
OK, retracted because yes that is a shadow, but clearly she has black battle panties. But also, that looks like it's far too much shadow possible for the length of the skirt.

Dex-chan lover
I thought it wouldn't matter stuff like the "Butterfly Effect" for something like reliving old memories in a dream. Nothing is gonna change in the main world for anything they do there.
At most, it will only change the state of relationships these people have in the present time.
My immediate thought was that the contest was rigged and they ruined it by going for the jackpot.

Supporter
Bro, it's the tomboy (since spats=tomboy) from the cover of the first chapter. Who is more than likely his senpai from the bookstore. She was probably BuTtErFLy-EfFeCtEd into his school/class suddenly.
His senpai from work is of course one of them from the first chapter's spread (you can tell by the hair style + pin). And she doesn't even need to be magic'd into the class, because last page or two of chapter 5 highlights the other "participants," and could likely be the one to the left side of the last page.

Beyond that, there's also the line of her being "the only person I have a connection with," (though it does at least at that particular point feel like kind of a throwaway).

Now, I know I must be slow on the uptake here, but I've also come to see that color spread also shows what I can only see as two versions of Asakura -- her altered dream visual, as well as her Day 0 (or perhaps to say, "Asakura Prime") visual.

Group Leader
:thonk: Didn't they say it was a replica of their time in the past. How is the butterfly effect supposed to work here ?
I think the author just wants to point out their conviction but misappropriated the butterfly affect as a plot device.

Users who are viewing this thread