Yumizuka Iroha wa Tejun ga Daiji! - Vol. 1 Ch. 13 - Yumizuka Iroha's Practice Session

Fed-Kun's army
For fuck's sake, why the hell is this trope still around in manga? The hatred for these characters seems to be pretty much universal, and their limited contributions to the narrative could easily be made possible by any number of less annoying or even more entertaining characters.

@theroadstopshere i hate these characters too, especially because (although this has been happening moreso in more recent manga and i'm glad to see it) half the time no one calls them out on how in their blatant worship of the person they're putting up on a pedestal, they're constantly denying them agency. case and point, glasses here says she won't let yumizuka and the mc have a romantic relationship; that's not something she gets to decide, that's something between mc and yumizuka, and frankly if yumizuka heard her say that she probably would get angry. (cause for real, how full of yourself do you have to be to think you get a say in something like that for a person you weren't even really friends with until now?) i hated it in kimi no todoke too, but at least in that one the main love interest made it abundantly clear he has his own agency and who he likes or chooses to date is no one's business but his.

Dex-chan lover
Okay very cool, can that side character disappear forever now? Can we go back to just the MC and the FMC?

@sheepdoge "although this has been happening moreso in more recent manga and i'm glad to see it" So you hate these type of characters but you are glad to see it ? Why ?
When I'm reading a straight romances I don't want to read about girls having romantic feelings for other girls.

Group Leader
Don't worry people, next chapter is going to be pure fluff, no Matoba whatsoever.

TEU

Dex-chan lover
@AntiYFans it's not an easy to decode sentence, but what he meant is that he's glad that calling people out because of that attitude has happened more frequently in recent manga.

Just that the placement of the parenthesis was a bit odd, since it would make it clearer if it was a bit later in the sentence.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

@AntiYFans sorry i worded that weird, i mean more recently it seems like that type of character is getting called out on their shit and i'm happy to see it

Dex-chan lover
@theroadstopshere @AntiYFans @sheepdoge @TEU I think they are meant to be hated. They are meant to be viewed as annoying. But at the same time, since it's comedy, we are supposed to know that they aren't as serious as they claim they are. So we know they aren't "too bad"... keeping a so called "enemy" without them being a real "enemy"....

It's just a cheap way to drag out the romance. And I think readers instinctively know it. It's not yuri, nor a love rival and it's not even a real threat or stop gap... it's just a cheap way to drag things out...

I mean, it's not like I hate ALL of these characters. Sometimes, they are just misunderstanding sh*t or something (in that sense, I don't mind since they are having a wrong thought; case in point https://mangadex.org/title/29527/expressionless-kashiwada-san-and-emotional-oota-kun where the girl is young and doesn't fully understand love and the MC is doing bullying to hide his love without realizing it).

But in general, this trope kinda sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread