Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - Vol. 17 Ch. 148 - Chisaki-san Crosses Time

TBH I feel like this whole setup is for Chisaki to slowly continue her spiritual awakening, in order to eventually have Yuuna inhabit her body and the two of them get together with Kogarashi in the end? (sort of what she has been doing with Koyuzu-chan but more like a split personality waifu)

Double-page supporter
This whole arc felt like a consolation chapter for Chisaki, like an "if" scenario making up for the eventual main girl/harem end trope ending.

Dex-chan lover
I dont get why people are so upset, Hibari got rejected and bounced back as Chisaki didnt get rejected but kinda learned something ... like Hibari she have to fight as otherwise he is going to reject her like he rejected everyone.

She "won" because everyone else dropped out, she could win again by letting him get his powers sealed and let the prophetic dream to became true but we also seen the results of that, the fact it "worked out in the end" still leaves a lot of issues even with everyone, the point is if Chisaki spends time with him and works on the relationship she can win, Yuuna is not even ahead because if she confessed she would be shoot down as well.

Double-page supporter
The is the most contrived, shit bait chapter yet. This manga was never 'great' as a generic fan service harem, but I can see how it was enjoyable, this on the other hand is just the same as the Shokugeki shit. Trying to add a melodramatic story and all this harem battle shounen drama 100+ chapters in just looks stupid, just as adding in the "Noirs" was a laughably stupid decision.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. This would have actually been an excellent plot development, but of course, the author had to completely ruin it at the very end. At the very last panel, actually.
Fuck him.

Dex-chan lover
@Exile Actually she learned absolutely nothing because the author decided to make her forget everything that happened to force the status quo.

Fed-Kun's army
and another ship bites the dust

gotta say though, author did it in a pretty savage way

Dex-chan lover
@Ryrie, it did say almost everything and not everything ... Chisaki had about 11 years of memories that were added in the dream, question is how much she remembers and if she learned that if she stays as background character then its all she will ever be or that she understands why that future happened and gets more proactive.

I dont think its about forcing the status quo but rather give Chisaki a resolve, the same happened with Hibari that overcome the fact she confessed and was rejected because Kogarashi simply never thought about her in that way but unlike Hibari were it was easier to make such arc (since her faults are bare to see), Chisaki is more difficult since her "fault" is also her "strength", she is a normal person and making her to get more proactive is harder, look at how the trip started with Chisaki feeling left behind ... I mean just look at chapter 143 were it points out that everyone is more assertive with Kogarashi as Chisaki seems to be unable to get closer to him.

Dex-chan lover
@Exile If it were to give her resolve then the author wouldn't have made her forget anything at all. Chisaki could have developed a lot of character and learned to be more proactive in order to deserve the future in that dream like she said but nope author makes her forgets to reset status quo. Hibari's case is different because she actually tried and failed unlike Chisaki's case this arc where it was set back to square one after everything happened in the dream. There's nothing to bounce back from when you don't even remember that you were depressed in the first place.

In either case it isn't lack of proactivity and not staying a background character that drives her could been resolve seeing as she "won" with that route but rather her pride/kindness/friendship with the others that won't allow her to sit back. Now that it's been reset it's back to "I don't want to fall behind" again she hasn't learned anything even with some of the memories because there's no context.

Double-page supporter
This is ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, the "no body remembers" is the worst end to any arc. Just let the axe fall to this series.

BTW Chisaki is my fav girl but I always knew she wouldn't win it, because the winner is on the manga's title...

So, even though Yuuna unsealed her memories in order to help Kogarashi get his powers back, the moment she got her memories, and resolved her feelings, she just split, without doing what she sought out to do in the first place? That’s not Yuuna. Yuuna would obviously be unresolved about not helping Kogarashi after saying she would and therefore not be able to pass on, again.

Dex-chan lover
@bluethings Fuck you. I was trying to forget that ending. Chihiro end was a fucking cop out and everyone, Keima included, knew it was a fucking cop out.

@Kaldin I didn't mind Chihiro End. She was cute. Tenri just hurts so much since
she knew from the start that she couldn't win but had to fall in love anyway for the sake of the world.
And THAT'S fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread