Yuukoku no Moriarty

@lime-beverage First of all, I'm sorry because of my comment/suggestion last time that this is become such a long discussion. Just remember that what i said is a suggestions, not an order. You, as a translator/scanlator/cleaner/redrawer has all the right to make your own decisions. Whatever your choice, we can and will accept it.

Second, I understand your reason for keeping the Japanese honorific (as you said in last chapter credit), yeah i will do it too if i were you. For familiar honorific (-san, -kun) i support it. There's no equivalent term in English for that.

But, for -sama, the term is exist: you can use "Master" or "Sir". So, can you try to use it? I think it will make it better.

And the most honorific i cant stand is "-sensei". Idk, maybe because i do karate in middle school and everytime i hear or read it i remember 'karate', instantly pulling me out of immersion for the story. Luckily English language has an equivalent term for it: "teach" (without the name) or "professor" (with the name added after).
So if the text said "sensei, blabla.." you can translate it as "teach, blablabla...". Or when it says "William-sensei,..." you can use "Professor William,...".

Please, if for nothing else you wont stop using the honorifics, please atleast translate/change the "sensei" thing and use "teach" & "professor" alternately. It will be better if you can change the "sama" too and using "master" or "sir". Everything else, is okay.

y do ppl keep saying that this manga is representing irene in a way that makes her seem like just a "sexual icon" who doesnt know anything else. its not like that at all.
in the chapter "a scandal in british empire" which is where she had a lot of the spotlight its quite obvious that shes acting that way to manipulate the other characters. lol that sounds kind of bad but i dont have another word for it... moving on. she stated that she was doing it for the other artists that wouldnt have had a chance otherwise. and y is there hate for her seemingly falling for sherlock. y does it matter?!? its not even that big of a part in this manga. does it make her weaker to be attracted to him? y does she have to be a so called "strong and independent woman" and not fall for anyone. yes i do know she goes by bond now im just referring to before that happened.

well, @amanimal youre in luck
after years of anticipation, the trailer of the animation is finally now out yesterday(jan 27), at bandai co youtube channel.
i cringed once at the first 5 sec tho tbh cuz it out of context but overall its looks promising.

Personally, I prefer keeping -kun/-san/-sama prefixes because they give insight into the realationship dynamics between the characters. I do agree about translating the -sensei suffix though, since "sensei" can be used to address people from different professions.

Double-page supporter
When did Moran regrow his Hand, in volume 4 we saw he lost his right hand in the flashback, but in volume 7 in the changing room he has his two hands!

lowquality scans, please stop adding your comments to the margins of the page. It's like being in a movie theater, and someone behind you is giving their running commentary on what's going on. Has that ever happened to you? Were you annoyed? If so, now you know how many readers are feeling. It's pointless, distracting to the the reader, and worst of all insulting toward the authors. The manga page exists to express the authors' voice, not yours. Please, just stop.
More reasonable are the frequent explanations in the margins. I can see that you're making them in good faith to educate the reader, and I'm grateful you're trying to help, but they're often unnecessary (Google exists) and always distracting.
Both your own commentary and explanations can be added at the end of the chapter, as other groups do. That's perfectly fine since it doesn't interrupt the flow of the chapter, and the focus is first on the authors' voice, as it should be.
Your group's work is generally consistent and careful, which makes these flaws even more disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
wait why is "sensei" changed into "-san"? they're different connotations? well, guess it doesn't matter much in english TL, like, weird choice but doesn't really matter in the end

Dex-chan lover
@zzzenitsu
That was NEVER said. So until it is literally said in the manga (by the author) and not interpreted or assumed by the readers/translators, the character is a woman written to be exceptionally good and commited at acting, that had to fake her death and had no other option but to adopt the identity of a man since the society they live in makes it easier for a man to act and look less suspicious for the kind of "job" they are trying to do. So anyone can call the character whatever they want.

😠😠😠So why didn't the team, that decided to translate chapter 55, upload ch 38-54 and just snipe their way through with the ending? What's the point in doing that, what's the point in messing with the readers, just why? 😠

I think chap.55 isn't lowquality-lime's translation.. b'cuz the font and the way it was translated is different. Btw, come and read 2 chapters a day is great! ^^ can't wait for more~

Judging by how there are approx. 5 chapters per volume, and how The Final Problem is the 55th chapter...

I'm guessing there's either one final volume (the 14th) to conclude the series or additional final chapters in the 13th volume. I'd be surprised if the manga continued, when chapter 55 ended on that note.

Whatever will happen, I hope the series' ending will be a great conclusion, and if we ever get that 14th volume, I hope it'd be one of William, Sherlock, or both of them together. Or who knows, one big group shot (highly doubt this one though).

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie cover from volume 10 is one of the best in my opinion

Group Leader
@Anonymosity there's going to be a total of 57 chapters, i believe

March 4 edit: we're clowns, they just confirmed another arc after "the final problem" called "the empty house"

These bratty kids complaining about free translations as if they paid for the actual manga book SMH. Just let the translation team do whatever they want since it is their translation and their effort, unless you actually paid a dime to their patron or smthing. As the saying goes, beggers don't get to choose

hello lime scans! i don't normally comment but i just wanna express my gratitude towards you guys 🤗 i'm a huge mtp fan and thanks to you im able to read a new chapter every 2-3 days. it must've been such a pain to clean these chapters but your scanlations are the best! thank you so much for your hard work! i hope you have a great day!!

Users who are viewing this thread